newer to conventions

Postings about Setsucon 2011
carpathianwarrior

newer to conventions

Post by carpathianwarrior » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:08 pm

hi. im new-er to cons. iv been to one before, it was this past year in dallas tx(i know thats super far from pa), it was a blast(17000+ attendance), seeing as im new to this. what is setsucon like? seeing as its newer i wouldnt think thier would be close to 17k people attending maby max 2-4k, is it small or am i totally wrong and its supprisngly big. i would like to start going to more cons. thank you for taking the time to read this. have a great day.
p.s. i might be cosplaying as kenshin himura

SesshomaruLUVR

Re: newer to conventions

Post by SesshomaruLUVR » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:10 pm

Hi. Well last year there was 800 and that was the cap and this year there's probably not going to be as many con-goers or so I've heard. Last Setsucon was my first anime convention ever and it was lots of fun, but keep in mind that it's rather small so the attendance probably won't even reach 1k if that matters to you. It's really fun so don't let any of that discourage you. Hope to see you there! :P

P.S. - Awesome. I'm going as Misa Amane from Death Note :3.

carpathianwarrior

Post by carpathianwarrior » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:30 pm

thanks. i probably will go. im real excited, oh and your gunna probably want to hit me but i dont have a clue about death note, or who that charecter is.......

sunfisher89
Staff Emeritus

Post by sunfisher89 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:49 am

SesshomaruLUVR wrote:Well last year there was 800 and that was the cap and this year there's probably not going to be as many con-goers or so I've heard. Last Setsucon was my first anime convention ever and it was lots of fun, but keep in mind that it's rather small so the attendance probably won't even reach 1k if that matters to you. It's really fun so don't let any of that discourage you.
Close, we had a little over 1,000 attendees last year total. This year we are expecting between 1,000 and 1,500 attendees. Spot on about Setsucon being really fun though. :D
2012+ Forum Moderator
Setsucon 2011Con Chair

SesshomaruLUVR

Post by SesshomaruLUVR » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Oh sorry lol. I tried ^_^

bru
Site Admin

Post by bru » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:54 pm

No prob SesshomaruLUVR ^^ Those numbers aren't publically published anywhere yet to my knowledge. But yeah carpathianwarrior, you should definitely come^^ Setsucon's a pretty warm and friendly place so don't let it's small size deter you. I personally like going to both large and small conventions, each has its on perks and atmosphere. And yay cosplay! I'll be cosplaying something awesome I think... If I get it done in time.
Setsu '07 -Con-Chair [n vice chair/treasurer.. yea]
'08 -Cosplay Judge
'09 - Judge/ Web
'10 - Judge / Web / Somehow still involved XDD
'11 - Moar Web / Old age is setting in...
'12 - Never gonna give you up
'13 - Never gonna let you down

carpathianwarrior

Post by carpathianwarrior » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:34 pm

ok thanks, im pretty sure i will go, i just need to find some one to go with me lol, i have like 2 frineds who an anime freaks, 1 moved to tx and the other havnt seen in 4 years, so it really depends on that, but im real excited, first time i will cosplay,

SiselyMakos

Post by SiselyMakos » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:18 am

This will be my first Setsucon and only my second convention. My first con was Tekkoshocon back in April and I'm still geeking out about it! I am very excited to come to Setsucon since it is so close to home, and of course go back to Tekko!

DarkFlame34

Post by DarkFlame34 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:38 am

Yeah, Setsucon was my first con. I do suggest starting small, so you don't become so overwhelmed by the crowds. Keep in mind, just because Setsu is smaller doesn't mean it's any less fun! :D
[color=#40BF40]"What do we call you other than Mr. and Mrs. Gorilla Monkey?"[/color]

Pantera

Post by Pantera » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:19 am

I adore this con, I met some of my best friends here. Its a ton of fun (I love the host auction, I want to be in it, but i dont go to penn state). This con totally changed my life with the people I met there. I like that its smaller, not as much drama. The judges last year where great too, best judges at a con ive had.

Zacharawr

Post by Zacharawr » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:07 pm

Pantera wrote:...(I love the host auction, I want to be in it, but i dont go to penn state)
OH MY GOD, I KNOW.
I was so excited, because I turn 18 on December 28th, and I was like, "YES, I CAN BE IN THE HOST AUCTION!!"
And then they changed the rules on me. :/
Notahappycamper~ D:
Once you go PARA-PARA, you never go BAKA~!
❤パラパラ!