Design Convention Badge Art that will be seen and worn by everyone in attendance of Setsucon 2018!
Setsucon is looking for original artwork that will be used for the 2018 convention badges. Art submissions selected will be used on badges, which everyone in attendance at Setsucon 2018 will be able to see!
We will select up to three (3) winning entries out of the submissions and use them as attendee badges for Setsucon 2018. Each of the corresponding entrants for the selected entries will receive recognition in the convention booklet, one (1) free weekend registration for Setsucon 2018, and one (1) free official Setsucon 2018 T-shirt. All submissions should be sent to email@example.com with "Setsucon 2018 Badge Contest" in the subject line.
Submission Deadline: December 2, 2017 11:59:59 PM EST
- Our theme for Setsucon 2018 is "Parallel Universe". Submissions must incorporate this theme to be valid.
- Submissions must contain original artwork only! No tracing, stealing, cropping, etc. from other images or artwork. Also, no copyrighted, trademarked, or licensed characters.
- Submissions for the Badge Contest must include at least one of the Setsucon mascots and should fit the character criteria that we have listed.
- Submissions must remain PG. No blood, nudity, suggestive content, etc.
- Submissions can be created using any method or medium, but submissions must follow our guidelines, rules, and specifications.
- Please note our title header will be placed somewhere over the lower portion of the picture. You may want to leave some "blank/negative" space or at least avoid putting anything essential there. See Contest Specifications below for details.
- All submissions will be subject to the following:
- No person, group, organization, or entity has any rights over any Setsucon art properties except where permitted in contests published by Setsucon or where specifically permitted by the Setsucon Executive Board. Examples may include, but are not limited to:
- The Setsucon logo
- The Setsucon "Setsucon" calligraphy
- The Setsucon mascots
- Those who submit artwork to Setsucon (hereafter referred to as "artist" or "artists") must agree, at minimum, to grant Setsucon exclusive, non-royalty-bearing, unlimited license to use that artwork for Setsucon for activities including, but not limited to, advertisement, promotion, and merchandising. In addition, the artist may not use the artwork without the express written permission of the Setsucon Executive Board.
- Artists reserve the right to include such artwork in his/her portfolio without permission.
- Entrants under the age of 18 require the permission of their parent or legal guardian for their participation to be valid.
- Submissions must include at least one of:
- vector artwork file (preferred) (e.g., AI, EPS, SVG)
- raster artwork file with a minimum of 300 DPI (e.g., JPG, PNG, PDF)
- All submissions must be scaled to 4" (L) x 3" (H) (Horizontal Orientation).
- Setsucon title header: 4" (L) x 1" (H) (Horizontal Orientation; the bottom portion of the image)
The characters' clothing is at the discretion of the artist, but should be winter-influenced and follow our theme.