Have your art featured on the front cover of Setsucon's Attendee Booklet!
Setsucon is looking for original art for our booklet cover this year! The winning art submission will be on the cover of every booklet handed out at Setsucon 2020.
We will select up to one (1) Grand Prize winner out of the submissions and use it as the cover for the Setsucon 2020 booklet. The corresponding entrant for the selected submission will receive two (2) free weekend registrations for Setsucon 2020, one (1) complimentary table in our Artists Alley, and one (1) Setsucon 2020 T-shirt. All submissions should be sent to email@example.com with "Setsucon 2020 Cover Contest" in the subject line.
Submission Deadline: October 31, 2019 11:59:59 PM EST
- Our theme for Setsucon 2020 is "Adventures in Candyland". Submissions must incorporate this theme to be valid.
- Submissions must contain original artwork only! No tracing, stealing, cropping, etc. from other images or artwork. Also, no copyrighted, trademarked, or licensed characters.
- Submissions for the Cover Contest must include both of the Setsucon mascots and should fit the character criteria that we have listed at the bottom of this page.
- As Setsucon is a winter convention, entrants are encouraged, but not required, to incorporate winter items into their entries (snow, wintry weather, winter clothing, etc).
- Submissions must remain PG. No blood, nudity, suggestive content, etc.
- In addition to our mascots, the art must have some sort of a background.
- Submissions can be created using any method or medium, but submissions must follow our guidelines, rules, and specifications.
- Please note our title header will be placed somewhere over the upper portion of the picture. You may want to leave some "blank/negative" space or at least avoid putting anything essential there. See Contest Specifications below for details.
- All submissions will be subject to the following:
- No person, group, organization, or entity has any rights over any Setsucon art properties except where permitted in contests published by Setsucon or where specifically permitted by the Setsucon Executive Board. Examples may include, but are not limited to:
- The Setsucon logo
- The Setsucon "Setsucon" calligraphy
- The Setsucon mascots
- Those who submit artwork to Setsucon (hereafter referred to as "artist" or "artists") must agree, at minimum, to grant Setsucon exclusive, non-royalty-bearing, unlimited license to use that artwork for Setsucon for activities including, but not limited to, advertisement, promotion, and merchandising. In addition, the artist may not use the artwork without the express written permission of the Setsucon Executive Board.
- Artists reserve the right to include such artwork in his/her portfolio without permission.
- Entrants under the age of 18 require the permission of their parent or legal guardian for their participation to be valid.
- Submissions must include at least one of:
- vector artwork file (preferred) (e.g., AI, EPS, SVG)
- raster artwork file with a minimum of 300 DPI (e.g., JPG, PNG, PDF)
- All submissions must be scaled to 5.5" (L) x 8.5" (H) (Vertical Orientation).
- The Setsucon title header is 5.5" (L) x 1.5" (H) (Horizontal Orientation; the top portion of the image).
The characters' clothing is at the discretion of the artist, but should be winter-influenced and follow our theme.