game selection

Discussions in the wake of Setsucon 2007!
Engrish

game selection

Post by Engrish » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:01 pm

I didnt mind playing Halo 2 at the con (36 kills in a row with a Ghost)
but one thing that I noticed was that Naruto was the only anime-based video game in an anime convention. Guitar Hero and Halo 2 were very good games, and were very popular with the people, but it seemed as if we got those games because they were popular over here, in the states. Although I dont mind a good game, it will be more fitting to have anime based games in an anime convention.

Guilty Gear is a good fighter, even a beginner/button masher wouldn't have trouble defeating people.
PSAO Manga forum
http://forum.psaom.org/index.php

PSAO Manga Images / Concept Art
http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q2/PSAOM/

PSAO Manga Script
http://psaom.wikispaces.com/

PlasmaFire
Staff Emeritus

Post by PlasmaFire » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:09 pm

We'll be trying to get more anime-based games for Setsucon 2008 in addition to the usual shooter/music/fighter collection; import games are getting hotter than ever, anyway. Just suggest them--or offer to lend/donate them--either at the meetings, straight to me in person, or via e-mail at "gaming[at]setsucon.com" (of course, if you know my school e-mail address, I highly prefer you use that instead).
2008 and 2009 Gaming Room Director, 2010-2012 Gaming Room Mentor, Artist Alley Member of Sorts, and Obsessive-Compulsive Compliant!

Weblog: PlasmaFire.org

WGSXFrank

Post by WGSXFrank » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:31 am

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi games. Seeing as you do plan to have the PS2 well represented (from what I've read anyways) , it would be nice to see that game make an appearance. I would also suggest the new Bleach game for the Wii... only, I could see if you would have concerns with people taking or breaking the Wii-motes.

PlasmaFire
Staff Emeritus

Post by PlasmaFire » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:22 pm

WGSXFrank wrote:Personally, I'm a huge fan of the DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi games. Seeing as you do plan to have the PS2 well represented (from what I've read anyways) , it would be nice to see that game make an appearance. I would also suggest the new Bleach game for the Wii... only, I could see if you would have concerns with people taking or breaking the Wii-motes.
All right, I'll add DBZ to the games list (it will be considered, not guaranteed, however). As for the Wii issue, we can't have any games that require the Wiimote, as much as I'd like anyway; theft is an issue, but injuries and damage are a much bigger liability for this little convention. Thanks!
2008 and 2009 Gaming Room Director, 2010-2012 Gaming Room Mentor, Artist Alley Member of Sorts, and Obsessive-Compulsive Compliant!

Weblog: PlasmaFire.org

Typewriterman
Staff Emeritus

Post by Typewriterman » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:31 pm

We have been discussing the problem that comes with wireless controllers, so when we come up with a solid answer, we'll try to post it up asap.

With the Wii, the biggest thing we wanted to have was Brawl, but all things considering...delays are delays, and we can't really do that much about that, haha. For requests, yeah, definitely post on the forum, or like PlasmaFire said, " 'gaming[at]setsucon.com' " is the best place to send 'em.