A lil' blurb about Gaming

Event announcements and discussion
Typewriterman
Staff Emeritus

A lil' blurb about Gaming

Post by Typewriterman » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:40 pm

Hey guys and gals, I'm here with some news about the gaming for Setsucon 08!

As those who've gone to last year's con know, there was a gaming room with DDR, Guitar Hero, and oodles of your favorite fighting and shooting games on consoles ranging from PS2, Xbox and the Gamecube!

Well, I'm happy to say that you can expect the room to make a full comeback for the upcoming Setsucon this coming January 08!

Of course we're going to have the Gamecube and PS2 respective games available, but also Xbox 360 games as well! Whoo! Additionally, we're going for a "Retro Theme" this year, involving games from the good ol' days of SNES, Nintendo 64 and other classic consoles!

Don't forget about those special "Main Event" DDR and Guitar Hero tournaments, along with Gaming Room exclusive tournies for the other games, and by-George, you'll see that the Gaming Room's kicked it up a notch for our second year of Setsucon! Keep in touch with updates from me about gaming, and other aspects of the con altogether from other staffers, and don't let up that excitement for when January rolls around!

Till then, see ya!

PlasmaFire
Staff Emeritus

Post by PlasmaFire » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:59 am

But wait! I'm the gaming room head, Typewriterman! I'm supposed to make the pointless press releases!!!11one :lol:

Anyway, both of us hope to bring out some of the newest titles like Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, and perhaps even Unreal Tournament 3 (for the PS3). Keep in mind that live gaming events are going to be the focus this year, and "Guitar Hero Idol" will very likely be one of the contests. Retro games, as Typewriterman said, will also make a showing; one such tournament many of us support is Goldeneye 64!

'Tis a shame that Super Smash Bros. Brawl isn't coming out in time for the con. No, we're not going to steal it; sorry guys, the release date is out of our control.

More to come soon; an official release on the front page of Setsucon.com is pending at this moment...
2008 and 2009 Gaming Room Director, 2010-2012 Gaming Room Mentor, Artist Alley Member of Sorts, and Obsessive-Compulsive Compliant!

Weblog: PlasmaFire.org