ready, stedy, COSPLAY!!! ;D

Postings about Setsucon 2008
PlasmaFire
Staff Emeritus

Post by PlasmaFire » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:54 am

bru wrote:Hehe I'm glad to see all the excited cosplayers floating about. I'm not sure what I'll be in yet because my cosplay goals change like the wind, but right now I'm thinking Ulala from Space Channel 5 and Sailor V.. but we'll see how long that lasts.. who knows, maybe Chun Li will surface by then^^
This is why we need cosplay workshops more often before the con.

I really want to make something for Setsucon...
2008 and 2009 Gaming Room Director, 2010-2012 Gaming Room Mentor, Artist Alley Member of Sorts, and Obsessive-Compulsive Compliant!

Weblog: PlasmaFire.org

Xailyn
Location: Mello's Hideout...in Factoryville PA...next to Keystone

Post by Xailyn » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:40 pm

:O

I'm doing a Death Note cosplay, Mello specifically. I'd love to meet with other DN cosplayers! There's a chance I could do a .hack or Kingdom Hearts cosplay as well...But, eh, I'm looking forward to being in Death Note cosplay!

By any chance, is there anyone here going to Anime Boston in March?

Pistols n Daisys

Post by Pistols n Daisys » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:31 pm

Death Note Kingdom hearts oh my xD

just brining a naruto bunch with me

my cuz- sasori me- kisame my bf Itachi >.<

Typewriterman
Staff Emeritus

Post by Typewriterman » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:22 pm

heh, I plan to go as Tobi

Xailyn
Location: Mello's Hideout...in Factoryville PA...next to Keystone

Post by Xailyn » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:21 am

Pistols n Daisys wrote:Death Note Kingdom hearts oh my xD

just brining a naruto bunch with me

my cuz- sasori me- kisame my bf Itachi >.<
Yeeeessssss....Fear the two parallel opposites.
For Death Note is cinnamon. And Kingdom Hearts is frogs.
(Cookie to you if you know what the cinnamon/frogs thing is from!)

Merveilles

Post by Merveilles » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:16 pm

Hello, it's your friendly neighborhood cosplay head.

Just reminding people that we would love to have masquerade skits!!! Please look into it if you are interested, I would love to give out awards this year!!!!

If you have any questions feel free to contact me!

Mr. Otaku

Post by Mr. Otaku » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:12 am

On one of the days, I will be cosplaying as Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece. Plus, if my Kisuke Urahara costume doesn't come in yet, I'll dust off my old Naruto costume.

Taurosta_the_elf

Post by Taurosta_the_elf » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:46 am

Does anyone know when the deadline to register for the masquerade skits is? I have been working steadily on my groups with the notion that it is Dec. 20th. Is there an official one that I missed (heh, I tend to miss that sort of thing) ? Thanks to anyone who might be able to give me some input! See you all at the con!! :)

Merveilles

Post by Merveilles » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:03 am

Taurosta_the_elf wrote:Does anyone know when the deadline to register for the masquerade skits is? I have been working steadily on my groups with the notion that it is Dec. 20th. Is there an official one that I missed (heh, I tend to miss that sort of thing) ? Thanks to anyone who might be able to give me some input! See you all at the con!! :)
Oops! I just realized we weren't very clear on a deadline and I apologize. I can assure you though you can submit masq forms even after Dec 20th. Because of not having many registrants (actually none XD) last year I am considering allowing reg up until the morning of the masq so we can get a considerable number. As long as you submit your forms a week before the convention you will be just fine =3 It gives us the oportunity to approve content and make a line up.

After you submit your forms we will send you a confirmation e-mail that everything is a go. ^_^

If you have any other questions feel free to contact me.

~Kara

Edit: And for anyone wondering about Hall Coslay, there is no deadline for that. The online registration is for those people who would like to be judged first and the judges will have your form on hand. However, if you did not register online, no worries! Just pick up a form at the con registration table, fill it out and be at the designated room at the appointed time noted on the sheet.

Thank you!

Taurosta_the_elf

Post by Taurosta_the_elf » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:14 am

*phew* Well that's a relief! Thank you very much!

kali

Post by kali » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:24 pm

Would it be possible to submit a skit just for entertainment and not to be judged?

I have a skit in mind, but my partner and my costumes aren't really something that we want judged.

(That and I want to spend my time making my Weighted Companion Cube)
Beware of Ninja
No Longer a Minion But Available For Grunt Work

kimitimi

Post by kimitimi » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:11 am

This is my first time cosplaying and I have NO clue what would be a good idea to go as. Since it's a long break this winter, I figured I had 3 weeks to make a cool costume.

What would be a cool female cosplay- THAT PROBABLY WONT be done by most? I was thinking something funny.. like one of the characters from Katamari or maybe even Miss Yukari from Azu Manga Diaoh... but I don't know...

Oh and Kudos to the DeathNote cosplayers... I wish I could go as Misa but sadly I could never be a blonde. XD

Mr. Otaku

Post by Mr. Otaku » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:36 pm

kimitimi wrote: Oh and Kudos to the DeathNote cosplayers... I wish I could go as Misa but sadly I could never be a blonde. XD
Misa was a blonde? All this time, I thought that Misa had brown hair.

bru
Site Admin

Post by bru » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:06 pm

Mr. Otaku wrote:
kimitimi wrote: Oh and Kudos to the DeathNote cosplayers... I wish I could go as Misa but sadly I could never be a blonde. XD
Misa was a blonde? All this time, I thought that Misa had brown hair.
I think she's got this wicked kinda orange yellow thing going. like a goldern auburn color.

[This is what happens to people who stare at wig swatches and fabric texture for fun]
Setsu '07 -Con-Chair [n vice chair/treasurer.. yea]
'08 -Cosplay Judge
'09 - Judge/ Web
'10 - Judge / Web / Somehow still involved XDD
'11 - Moar Web / Old age is setting in...
'12 - Never gonna give you up
'13 - Never gonna let you down

AzuruChan

Post by AzuruChan » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:07 pm

Xailyn wrote::O

I'm doing a Death Note cosplay, Mello specifically. I'd love to meet with other DN cosplayers!
Wanna do a DN cosplay with me? I'm in the process of dying my hair completely white, so yah, I can be Near, myawn. o-o
I really can't wait until my hair is completely white, WEWT!
*Really excited*
Mello, we must do a Yaoi! >D Lmao, jk... o-o
Maybe... >>
When no one's looking... <<
Wewt... o-o I'm seriously about to just jump out of my seat, & squeal happily. ^-^
I believe my friend can cosplay as a Brunette Misa... Misa DID have brown hair in the movie... =3
So yus. >3 *Spun around happily*