Just wanting to help

Feel free to poke at our staff with any questions you might have
Taurosta_the_elf

Just wanting to help

Post by Taurosta_the_elf » Mon May 26, 2008 6:07 pm

Hi there. I've loved both the Setsucons I've gone to these past two years and this year I would really like to help out as much as I can. I do work full time, so I have weird times off but I thought I would offer my services if it would be so desired :) Anyways, I'm a pretty good artist and I was thinking if you guys would like I could create some kind of sweet backdrop scene that people at the con could get their pictures in front of just for fun. Maybe something like a hot springs scene? :) It's not much, but I would like to do something nice for the convention and help out a little in my own way. Anyways, it's just a thought. :)

bru
Site Admin

Post by bru » Tue May 27, 2008 12:17 pm

Ooo! That's sounds pretty awesome^^ I'm not a con head, but I'm gonna forward your message along to make sure they get it <3
Setsu '07 -Con-Chair [n vice chair/treasurer.. yea]
'08 -Cosplay Judge
'09 - Judge/ Web
'10 - Judge / Web / Somehow still involved XDD
'11 - Moar Web / Old age is setting in...
'12 - Never gonna give you up
'13 - Never gonna let you down

Taurosta_the_elf

Post by Taurosta_the_elf » Tue May 27, 2008 1:44 pm

Thanks a lot :) It's not much but it's something I can donate to Setsucon, plus if I know what to start making early, I can put more time into it and make it look even more awesome ;) I was leaning towards making a pretty hot springs scene since, let's face it, what anime doesn't have a hot springs episode, right? hehehe But I can do anything the staff would like, even just a big Setsucon promo thing if so desired.

Typewriterman
Staff Emeritus

Post by Typewriterman » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:52 pm

Setsucon (heck, everyone) is always welcome to donations of the free variety!

We implore you to donate to your heart's content...without...you know...putting too much strain on yourself, of course...

Ryaven
Staff Emeritus

Post by Ryaven » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:00 am

Blah! My lack of internets is frightening T_T

Anyways, I think this would be a totally awesome ideas, seeing as before we only had the arch/arbor thing. Though it is pretty, it doesn't actually have a back to it so you can see the rest of the hotel in photo shoots.

Love to hear more about this ^_^

Taurosta_the_elf

Post by Taurosta_the_elf » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:00 pm

Alright, great! :) I guess it's silly to ask if I can donate something, but I thought I should ask just in case. Anyways, I will work on something and send some pics once I am done. If you like it I will donate it to Setsucon so that cosplayers and con-goers alike can get their pics in front of it ;) If anyone has any particular requests for a backdrop design let me know, but if not I may just go with my hot springs idea. :) Thanks guys! I hope everyone will like it, and I cannot wait until this coming Setsucon!

Typewriterman
Staff Emeritus

Post by Typewriterman » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:31 am

We definitely appreciate you telling us beforehand, at least.