Getting To Know Everyone

Postings about Setsucon 2009
TomCatter31

Getting To Know Everyone

Post by TomCatter31 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:33 am

I just wanted to liven up this place seeing that everyone is probably still really excited about how the convention went. I noticed that people are starting to create discussions in other topics that have nothing to do with the authers intent so I thought why not starte anew. I'm not trying to affend anyone here either. :wink:

I'd just like to get to know everyone. What are you people like and who was everyones Favorite Cosplayers this year. Who had the most fun, and what was your experiences Good and bad. Who likes who and what not. Gossip hounds make your mark here. :D I just don't want to see any arguing.

Sincerely

Bill Allenbaugh ( Athrin Zala ) 8)

Setsurai
Staff Emeritus

Post by Setsurai » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:08 am

Hmmmm well Master Roshi was awesome, but im a gundam boy and your Athrin was pretty damn cool I must say. One day I will have my fight suit char done one day.

Yoshiotto

Post by Yoshiotto » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:40 am

Tom,
The effort that went into your costume was amazing. You really looked fantastic. I would never have though that you had made the pins, you're a real craftsman! Makes Master Roshi feel like.... an amateur...and...uh.. that's...what ...uh....I am. Now I'll go away and hide in SHAME :oops: .

TomCatter31

Post by TomCatter31 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:22 pm

Setsurai wrote:Hmmmm well Master Roshi was awesome, but im a gundam boy and your Athrin was pretty damn cool I must say. One day I will have my fight suit char done one day.
Hey Thanks alot :D I give a hand shake to anyone who freely admits to likeing Gundam Anything. I love Gundam. I will deffinatly look forward to seeing your Flight Suit in action! Hey heres a tip. If you want to add some realism to a Gundam Costume, Visit this site www.Robart.com they have phnuematic powered actuators, compressors and every kind of phnuematic selector valves you can emagine to operate a minature system of components. They mainly are for RC aircraft but I have seen their valves used in alot of differant things such as hospital equipment and such. There are several differant types of bore actuators as well, reaching a span of travel 1-2 1/2 ". Also look into lighting your load as well by investing in Lithiam Polymer or Ian batteries. They are 3 x as powerful as nickel metal Hydride and half the wight.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck and I hope to see you again next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PEACE! :wink:

TomCatter31

Post by TomCatter31 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:29 pm

Yoshiotto wrote:Tom,
The effort that went into your costume was amazing. You really looked fantastic. I would never have though that you had made the pins, you're a real craftsman! Makes Master Roshi feel like.... an amateur...and...uh.. that's...what ...uh....I am. Now I'll go away and hide in SHAME :oops: .
Master Roshi was the BOMB! I loved your outfit! That shell was very detailed and the whole Costume was well thought out. I was extremely impressed. In fact I had thought that you were going to win, that you were going to beat me. The way everyone cheared for you and seeing how everyone took soo many pics of the great Master Roshi ! there was only 5 people who took my picture and I have yet to see a single one on the net. *pouts* anyways congrads on winning first place! Thanks for the compliment as well. I deffiently worked hard and it paid off. Next year you better be there ok! :D Your deffinatly no amiture Mr Roshi sir.

I have no idea what I'm gonna make for next year.

obliviouskite

MEh!

Post by obliviouskite » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:41 pm

MASTER ROSHI WAS THE BEST!!!!

Yoshiotto

Post by Yoshiotto » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:49 pm

WOW, I can't believe how much people like Roshi! DBZ was the first anime that I watched (I did watch Marine Boy and Speed Racer in the 70's, yea, I'm that old :( ). I remember having dinner at my parents house with my brother and the whole family. Colin and I were telling the Buu Saga when I noticed everyone was looking at me kind of "funny". I've allways been a bit off beat so I don't know why they were looking at me like that. Anyway, the first time I was Master Roshi was Otakon 08'. We came around a corner about 100yds from the line and someone yelled "Look, it's Master Roshi!". The whole line erupted with cheers and laughter (100's of people). To say I was shocked is a monumental understatement :shock: ! We were stopped about every 5 feet by people wanting to take pictures. That and Setsucon 09' will live FOREVER as some of my fondest memories. I honestly believe the people at anime conventions are the frendliest group of people I've ever met!
Oh yea, the Setsucon 09' Roshi was a new and improved version of the Roshi from Otakon 08'.

TomCatter31

Post by TomCatter31 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:24 pm

Yoshiotto wrote:WOW, I can't believe how much people like Roshi! DBZ was the first anime that I watched (I did watch Marine Boy and Speed Racer in the 70's, yea, I'm that old :( ). I remember having dinner at my parents house with my brother and the whole family. Colin and I were telling the Buu Saga when I noticed everyone was looking at me kind of "funny". I've allways been a bit off beat so I don't know why they were looking at me like that. Anyway, the first time I was Master Roshi was Otakon 08'. We came around a corner about 100yds from the line and someone yelled "Look, it's Master Roshi!". The whole line erupted with cheers and laughter (100's of people). To say I was shocked is a monumental understatement :shock: ! We were stopped about every 5 feet by people wanting to take pictures. That and Setsucon 09' will live FOREVER as some of my fondest memories. I honestly believe the people at anime conventions are the frendliest group of people I've ever met!
Oh yea, the Setsucon 09' Roshi was a new and improved version of the Roshi from Otakon 08'.

LOL Yeah your Costume ruled the place thats for sure. I got a good laugh, thinking about what the real Master Roshi was like and seeing you in person. I almost expected you to just run ramped and grab all the girls butts in the convention for some reason. Next time you should deffinatly carry a pair of big Binoculars with you and act like your checking out some girls behind like he would LOL now that would be funny, or carry a dirty but not dirty magazene with you.

BalthierFlare

Post by BalthierFlare » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:45 am

I liked the Animal Crossing girl. ^.~ Juuust kidding. I thought the Ayame Sohma was amazing! XD

Yoshiotto

Post by Yoshiotto » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:54 am

That Animal Crossing girl was FANTASTIC! Her seams were so straight :lol:

Panda

Post by Panda » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:26 pm

Snow Trooper ftw.
~Mr. Panda
~Chief of Setsu Secruity [sic] 2006-2008
~Lazy Staff Consultant & EX-Staffer 2006-Present
~ #1 Setsucon Ejectee (2011)

esw01407

Post by esw01407 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:23 pm

Yoshiotto wrote:WOW, I can't believe how much people like Roshi! DBZ was the first anime that I watched (I did watch Marine Boy and Speed Racer in the 70's, yea, I'm that old :( ). I remember having dinner at my parents house with my brother and the whole family. Colin and I were telling the Buu Saga when I noticed everyone was looking at me kind of "funny". I've allways been a bit off beat so I don't know why they were looking at me like that. Anyway, the first time I was Master Roshi was Otakon 08'. We came around a corner about 100yds from the line and someone yelled "Look, it's Master Roshi!". The whole line erupted with cheers and laughter (100's of people). To say I was shocked is a monumental understatement :shock: ! We were stopped about every 5 feet by people wanting to take pictures. That and Setsucon 09' will live FOREVER as some of my fondest memories. I honestly believe the people at anime conventions are the frendliest group of people I've ever met!
I got a bunch of pictures from you, I think I have two or three of your different outfits if I remember correctly. They were excellent at Otakon to.

Walan

Post by Walan » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:46 pm

Yeah, it always gave me a smile whenever I saw the Roshi walk around. Two versions of the costumes for both days, too! The snow trooper was awesome, and the Snake was really good, too.

BTW, I was the guy who was a pompous A-hole wearing a suit and a bad hairpiece who, if you squinted really, REALLY hard in a dark alley from a hundred yards away, KINDA sorta maybe resembled Stephen Colbert.

esw01407

Post by esw01407 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:55 pm

Walan wrote:Yeah, it always gave me a smile whenever I saw the Roshi walk around. Two versions of the costumes for both days, too! The snow trooper was awesome, and the Snake was really good, too.

BTW, I was the guy who was a pompous A-hole wearing a suit and a bad hairpiece who, if you squinted really, REALLY hard in a dark alley from a hundred yards away, KINDA sorta maybe resembled Stephen Colbert.
Your costume was awesome. Period. I haven't seen a Colbert at the last few cons, and I loved it.

shizune_gurl

Post by shizune_gurl » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:38 am

it was nice getting to know everyone