# of attendants?

Feel free to poke at our staff with any questions you might have
spiffygoober

# of attendants?

Post by spiffygoober » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:36 am

Hello all, I've never been to Setsucon, and I was wondering about how many people come to this convention. Smaller cons are great, just as long as they aren't too small...

PlasmaFire
Staff Emeritus

Post by PlasmaFire » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:48 am

Hello spiffygoober!

Setsucon is currently held at the Days Inn in State College, PA. Over the past two years, we've grown in attendance: for 2008 we came close to the hotel's legally-allowed capacity of about 500 (if not higher) registered attendees, minus staff.

The Days Inn isn't a large hotel, and with a relatively-dense crowd plus a full programming schedule, you'll probably feel busy most of the time. I don't know how registration will pan out this year, but I'm getting quite excited for what my higher-ups are planning.

And...welcome to the Setsucon forums. Feel free to ask around if you have any additional questions.
2008 and 2009 Gaming Room Director, 2010-2012 Gaming Room Mentor, Artist Alley Member of Sorts, and Obsessive-Compulsive Compliant!

Weblog: PlasmaFire.org

jennoaks

Post by jennoaks » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:03 am

What's the average age of those who come--is it mostly high school and college students or is there a variety of ages?

bru
Site Admin

Post by bru » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:44 pm

There is actually a variety of ages. It was a good mix. We had some families, some younger kids, college kids, even into older adults. It's a pretty good mix in my opinion.
Setsu '07 -Con-Chair [n vice chair/treasurer.. yea]
'08 -Cosplay Judge
'09 - Judge/ Web
'10 - Judge / Web / Somehow still involved XDD
'11 - Moar Web / Old age is setting in...
'12 - Never gonna give you up
'13 - Never gonna let you down