Weapons Policy

If you have any questions please post them for the staff review.
Greg

Weapons Policy

Post by Greg » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:48 pm

This has probably been addressed somewhere already, but I haven't the brainpower left to find it tonight. Most cons have a weapon policy of some sort, some have set restrictions, some have weapons-checks, and et cetera.

While hopefully no real weapons are allowed, the majority of costumes have prop weapons such as guns and swords. A costume group I was a part of in Florida was once invited to a DVD release event at a Walmart, only to be told when we arrived that we wouldn't be allowed to wear our helmets, which dulled down the experience quite a bit, but apparently they have a policy about covered-faces.

Panda

Post by Panda » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:42 am

The specifics can be found on the Policies Page, under "Registration". An outline would pretty much be as follows: no live steel, no absurdly long weapons (something like 6' maximum), no weapons containing projectiles of any kind, and no "actual" weapons (dulled, loaded, or otherwise). Security has the right too use their discretion to determine if something is inappropriate.

No covered faces at WalMart? :shock: ...hmm, maybe it's a local policy, people participating in Day of the Ninja didn't report any problems when they went into WalMart...

Though perhaps having tampon-chucks battles in the shopping aisles was more or less a blatant indicator of no malicious intent... :oops:

Though you do raise a point I don't think has a specific address form the con... I would think the only time we would require uncovering a face would be too check I.D.

Hope this helps. :D

meryl

why?

Post by meryl » Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:53 am

You should have asked Greg what kind of weapon he was planning to bring - the last I saw him cosplaying, he was Vash the Stampede and his gun was made from a pizza box and duct tape! Heh heh...well, it WAS the best gun I'd ever seen made from a pizza box and duct tape.

I haven't yet seen rules at any cons against carrying around pizza box weapons!!!!