Attendance?

If you have any questions please post them for the staff review.
Asuka BMz

Attendance?

Post by Asuka BMz » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:38 am

Just curious as to how many people you think will be in attendance for the event.

I'm debating coming up, but it's a 3-4 hour drive for me, and not to sound like an ass, but I want to make sure it's worth the drive there and back.

Thanks ahead of time! :D

ChaosNyte

Post by ChaosNyte » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:15 pm

I'm curious as well, espeically since it's only a one day event.

bru
Site Admin

Post by bru » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:04 pm

Our conservative estime is about 200, thought its very difficult to accurate predict attendance.
Setsu '07 -Con-Chair [n vice chair/treasurer.. yea]
'08 -Cosplay Judge
'09 - Judge/ Web
'10 - Judge / Web / Somehow still involved XDD
'11 - Moar Web / Old age is setting in...
'12 - Never gonna give you up
'13 - Never gonna let you down

Asuka BMz

Post by Asuka BMz » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:37 am

bru wrote:Our conservative estime is about 200, thought its very difficult to accurate predict attendance.
Totally understandable...

Like I said, I'm a good 3-4 hours away from you all, and was actually wondering if I really wanna put in a good 8 hours behind the wheel in a day.

I'll spread the word about this con on the Ohayocon board (this past weekend) and see if I can spark some interest there.

Panda

Post by Panda » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:54 pm

Let's face it, we aren't going to get the great turnout that a three-day con would bring. On the other hand, those who will still come will turn it into a wothwhile expierience.

The great thing about attendence is that the more people who say they are coming, the more fence-stradlers will fall into the coming side too. :D

Besides, I will give you candy! :twisted:

Kimichou

Post by Kimichou » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:46 am

bru wrote:Our conservative estime is about 200, thought its very difficult to accurate predict attendance.
That's what happened with our con XD;;. We only thought maybe 100 people tops would come...well at the end of the event we had a count of around 250 ^_^;; (we ran out of badges and programs...go us).

BTW good luck with your con =)!! I'm rooting for a good turnout!!

Macavity
Staff Emeritus

Post by Macavity » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:30 pm

So do we. -_-;;;;;

I hope my department is left in shambles by the rush of happy con-goers that descend upon our little space. <-- Runs Reg

Even if we don't do exceptionally well, I still count it as a job well done. All of our staff has gone through a horrible amount of stress, and since we're actually pulling it off, its all good in my book. ^^

And you, Asuka-BMz, are also a new member on the Tekkoshocon Forums. ^^ Its nice to see another Tekkoite on the forums. I staff there too. ^^
Setsucon 2007 Registration Head
Setsucon 2008 Con-Chair
Setsucon 2009 Operations Director
Setsucon 2010 Sweet Freedom! (i.e., I Graduate!)

Macavity's not here!

Asuka BMz

Post by Asuka BMz » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:52 am

And you, Asuka-BMz, are also a new member on the Tekkoshocon Forums. ^^ Its nice to see another Tekkoite on the forums. I staff there too. ^^
Why yes, I am...I tend to check out all the sites/forums of cons I plan on going to so I can try and get to know the crowd a little better and all that :P

But ya, I'm actually pretty excitied about Tekko for sure...and hopefully I'll be able to make this trip...so that way everyone is happy :D

Kimichou

Post by Kimichou » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:50 am

So how did you guys do attendance wise? And how did it go in general, I'm eager to know :3.
Shikkaricon Con Chair
http://www.shikkaricon.org

bru
Site Admin

Post by bru » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:03 pm

Kimichou wrote:So how did you guys do attendance wise? And how did it go in general, I'm eager to know :3.
When i last checked, we seemed to be about 250. ^^
Setsu '07 -Con-Chair [n vice chair/treasurer.. yea]
'08 -Cosplay Judge
'09 - Judge/ Web
'10 - Judge / Web / Somehow still involved XDD
'11 - Moar Web / Old age is setting in...
'12 - Never gonna give you up
'13 - Never gonna let you down

Kimichou

Post by Kimichou » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:04 pm

bru wrote:
Kimichou wrote:So how did you guys do attendance wise? And how did it go in general, I'm eager to know :3.
When i last checked, we seemed to be about 250. ^^
Lol! That was us too, btw great job I heard things went pretty well =).

TomcaT

Post by TomcaT » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:29 pm

Well, the con drew people at least as far away as Norfolk, VA (me and my wife), and we had a great time. So definately will try to pick up some more people for the next time around :)

-TomcaT-