Setsucon 2010 Cover Contest and Badge Design Contest!

Event announcements and discussion
Maggie
Staff Emeritus

Setsucon 2010 Cover Contest and Badge Design Contest!

Post by Maggie » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:05 pm

We are announcing our three art contests for Setsucon 2010. This is your opportunity to design the cover for our programming booklet, our T-shirts, and/or our badges and have your work seen by hundreds of Setsucon attendees! So sharpen your pencils, dust off your tablet, or pull out your quills, whatever it takes for you to to work your magic. Here are the details:

Setsucon 2010 Cover Contest

How would you like your art to be featured on the cover of an official anime convention's booklet? Well, here is your chance to achieve that goal! Setsucon 2010 is looking for some great art for our booklet cover this year! Design a cover that will be on the cover of every booklet handed out at Setsucon 2010 and be a part of Setsucon history!

- Your entry must include King Con and SetsuRai
- Must contain original art! No fanart!
- No tracing, stealing, cropping, etc from other images
- Leave a space for the Setsucon logo to go on the poster

(Extra info)
King Con
- a jokey kind of character generally someone who is always looking like he is up to no good, but has a weak spot for cars.
- Should have short to medium length curly hair
- Must have his Hammer, shield, cape, crown and glasses
- Brown eyes

Setsurai
- a silent type a lone wolf of sorts more reserved then King Con a typical kinda cool character, but is innately clumsy.
- Should have long hair, preferably in a pony tail but not necessary
- Must have two arm bracers or band or arm guards or whatever and a katana or long sword
- Blue eyes

What we require
- That they fit the character criteria that we have listed above
- It's a winter con and we would like to see that used weather snow or winter clothing ect
- That the colors used for the characters must be cool wintery colors, white, blue, gray, as well as other as long as they are cool like baby pink, or mint green
- Much to our sadness this must remain PG so no blood, no nudity and no suggestive content like the characters shirtless and hugging lol
-Last year our bonus item was to add a car this year it’s to add a mecha or robot to you design it will earn extra points
- Additionally our theme this year is cyber punk so think futuristic
-it must have some sort of a background

Some additional info
- The characters clothing aside from the required articles is totally up to the artists to do whatever, but once again something winter-y would be appreciated.
- note that a logo will be going over the top portion of the picture so leaving some blank space would be preferable
- Hair color is also up to the artist and doesn't have to necessarily match the con colors

Other rules and regulations
- The winning entry will be printed and become the setsucon 2010 booklet cover
- Contest is open to everyone of all ages
- The dimensions are 8 by 11 and it needs to be 300 dpi
- You can submit up to 2 entries
- There is only 1 grand prize winner so give it your best shot!

Prizes
- You will be given free registration and an artist ally table at Setsucon 2010 as well as your name in the booklet!

Setsucon 2010 Badge Contest

Not confident you could make something good enough for our cover, or maybe you just want to enter all the contests, why not try creating a badge for Setsucon 2010?

What we require
it be 3 x 4 inches
That it features either our two main Mascots King Con and Setsurai or our Forum Mascots, it can also feature con goers or otaku having fun
It must incorporate our theme of Cyber punk or futuristic
You can submit up to two badge designs

Prizes
-We will pick the best 3 badges and use them for Setsucon 2010
- Winners will receive free registration to Setsucon 2010 as well as recognition in the Setsucon 2010 booklet and a free tee shirt

Setsucon 2010 Shirt contest

Want your art to stick around longer them most, why not try and make a shirt design? We are this year looking for deigns for a Setsucon 2010 shirt design. This will be the shirt that we print off and that everyone at the convention will be able to purchase and wear. We are looking for simpler designs then the cover and these will be single color designs.

What we require
The design must be 8.5 x 11 inches max
It must feature our Mascots King Con and Setsurai
It must incorporate our theme of Cyber punk or futuristic
It must be only black and white we will not accept any designs that don’t follow this
Must say Sestucon 2010 somewhere
You can submit up to two designs

Prizes
We will pick one grand prize winner
You will receive two shirts with your design, your name in the booklet as well as free registration

All submissions can be sent to either Setsucon@gmail.com or send a link to your design to http://setsucon.deviantart.com/
If sending by Email please put Setsucon 2010 ______ contest as the subject line with the blank being which contest you are submitting for. Please, if your are entering multiple contests send each in a separate email. If you are leaving it on our Deviant Art page please just mention which contest it is for.
All Contests will run May 11, 2009 - September 20, 2009 Good luck to everyone
2007 General Staffer
2008 Treasurer
2009 Registration Sub-director
2010 Vice Con-chair
2011 Exhibitors Director
2012 Attendee?! (fingers crossed)

Patches

Post by Patches » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:34 pm

Is Setsurai male or female? ^^;

Also, if we had already purchased an artist alley table by the contest end date to ensure we do get a spot, can it be assumed that the winner will have that money reimbursed to them?

Thanks!

::EDIT::

nvm on the gender question, I found Setsucon's DA page lol
Cosfu.org Photographer
My Cosplay | My Arts | My Cosplay Photos

Maggie
Staff Emeritus

Post by Maggie » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:28 pm

I think it's safe to assume that if you already had a table, the cost of the table would be refunded to you.
2007 General Staffer
2008 Treasurer
2009 Registration Sub-director
2010 Vice Con-chair
2011 Exhibitors Director
2012 Attendee?! (fingers crossed)

Snow Alchemist

Post by Snow Alchemist » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:17 pm

I'm definitely entering the cover contest. After I get my cosplays situated I'll attempt the other two. :D