IDs

Feel free to poke at our staff with any questions you might have
Sayayuki-Chan

IDs

Post by Sayayuki-Chan » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:12 pm

Hello. I'm 15 & I plan to go to Setsucon this year with my parents and friends. I was wondering...do I need an ID to get in? My parents will be with me, so it's not as if I'll be out on my own...so do I still need an ID?

Maggie
Staff Emeritus

Re: IDs

Post by Maggie » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:57 pm

Nope, you don't need an ID if you register at the con. If you pre-register, we prefer you to bring an ID, but if you don't have one, your parent's will suffice.

IDs are absolutely required to get into 18+ programming, this doesn't apply to you, but I thought I'd address it anyway.
2007 General Staffer
2008 Treasurer
2009 Registration Sub-director
2010 Vice Con-chair
2011 Exhibitors Director
2012 Attendee?! (fingers crossed)

Sayayuki-Chan

Post by Sayayuki-Chan » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:11 pm

Oh ok. Thank you. So do you think we'll run into any problems (nothing to do with the ID situation) if we register at the convention instead of pre-registering by mail? We live quite a while away so I wouldn't want to go all the way over just to be denied access because it was too crowded or something like that...I don't know how it all works since I've never been there before. Could we be denied entry if there were too many people already attending the con (there's 5 of us total)?

Maggie
Staff Emeritus

Post by Maggie » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:26 pm

Well, if you pre-register, you'll save $5 per person, you'll be guaranteed entry, and you probably won't have to spend as much time in line.

If you register at the convention, there is a slight chance that we could already be full. It hasn't happened in the past, and we're really hoping we won't have to turn anyone away this year either, but the possibility does exist.
2007 General Staffer
2008 Treasurer
2009 Registration Sub-director
2010 Vice Con-chair
2011 Exhibitors Director
2012 Attendee?! (fingers crossed)