Concessions?

Feel free to poke at our staff with any questions you might have
air4agito

Concessions?

Post by air4agito » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:08 pm

Hey!

I'm looking forward to Setsucon 2010, so I just need to know something so that I can plan my trip accordingly.

Will there be a concession stand at the convention? And if not, are their any close places for me to grab a quick bite to eat?

Thank you very much!

I was also wondering when the schedule would pop up on the website, and why the site hasnt been updated for awhile.

Maggie
Staff Emeritus

Re: Concessions?

Post by Maggie » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:34 am

We don't have a concession area, but there are lots of places to eat within easy walking distance. The closest are a Subway and a Japanese and Korean restaurant called Say Sushi. Off the top of my head I can also think of a pizza place, Chili's, Panera Bread, an Indian restaurant, a stir-fry place, a Thai restaurant, and a convenience store.

The final schedule probably won't be released until pretty close to con. We are still receiving panel submissions and getting other things lined up. Website updates should hopefully start happening soon.
2007 General Staffer
2008 Treasurer
2009 Registration Sub-director
2010 Vice Con-chair
2011 Exhibitors Director
2012 Attendee?! (fingers crossed)

air4agito

Post by air4agito » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:46 pm

Maggie wrote:We don't have a concession area, but there are lots of places to eat within easy walking distance. The closest are a Subway and a Japanese and Korean restaurant called Say Sushi. Off the top of my head I can also think of a pizza place, Chili's, Panera Bread, an Indian restaurant, a stir-fry place, a Thai restaurant, and a convenience store.

The final schedule probably won't be released until pretty close to con. We are still receiving panel submissions and getting other things lined up. Website updates should hopefully start happening soon.
Thank you very much! It's good to know, because I must plan where to eat my meals XD otakus have huge appatites!!!

Thanks again, looking forward to the convention!

Ryaven
Staff Emeritus

Post by Ryaven » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:53 pm

When I was working on the program booklet last year, it looked like there were over 70 eateries in the downtown area, just depends on how far you want to walk or if you want to use the bus system.

esw01407

Post by esw01407 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:01 pm

Food access at this con is pretty good even if your lazy, because the Subway is 500ft tops from the Hotel and its a pretty decent one, theres good pizza about 750ft from the hotel, and the call in for Chinese caused us no problems last year. Good times.