Setsucon Cosplay

Feel free to chat away about the con!
princeothieves

Post by princeothieves » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:59 pm

hey all, this year will be my first time at an anime convention. :D and i really want to go cosplayed as naruto from naruto part 2! any good and inexpensive cosplay website you guys could recommend?

joekou

Post by joekou » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:43 pm

what i would do is go to cosplay.com. Some one their has done hime in the past. Iwould e-mail he and ask he about it.

kali

Post by kali » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:30 pm

Good I can do, inexpensive, I can't. The two don't go together all that often.
Beware of Ninja
No Longer a Minion But Available For Grunt Work

joekou

Post by joekou » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:04 pm

yeah, i konw how that goes. cosplay can take a lot of money. I would just look around for cheep verson of of what of what you need and try to modify they. thats how i made my Sogeking mask. plus with halloween in just few days you could stop by a costume shop and get some of the things you need there.

joekou

Post by joekou » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:41 pm

if any one needs helps with costume dorp me an e-mail and i can try to help the best i can. haveing cosplyed for three year i know some tricks that can work for some things.

Panda

Post by Panda » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:33 pm

A friend of mine from another con provided this check-list of essential stuff to bring if you're cosplaying:

A Basic Sewing Kit:
-scissors
-pins (straight and safety)
-bobbins of thread of every color used for your costume(s)
-needles
-snaps
-hooks and eyes
-fusible web tape (Stitch Witch)
-spare beads and buttons (if your costume contains those)

What if I have props for my costume?
If there are props, be sure to bring with you spray paint, duct tape (or similar strong tape), a hot glue gun, masking tape, and anything else you may have used in the construction of said prop. This list will vary between props.

How about wigs?
Be sure to bring silicone spray (not a necessity, but it is a good detangling aid), a wide tooth comb or pick, Aquanet hairspray, a wig cap to wear under your wig (and to help flatten your own hair under said wig), bobby pins and hair combs.

This is good advice, cosplayers. Be sure to apply it! :D

EdoTheKitsune

Post by EdoTheKitsune » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:10 pm

Yay!!! State College is holding a con! I can't wait! :mrgreen:

Anyway, this is gonna be my first con, so im really REALLY excited. I plan plan to go as Ed Elric, and my friend is being Tenten. Is anybody else cosplaying FMA? jw

joekou

Post by joekou » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:21 am

that sound real cool. ed is one of my favorite anime Gays. what ed are you going as. are you going as miove ed, red coat ed or nomel ed. either way i will look for you there.

MinekaC
Staff

Post by MinekaC » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:36 pm

I'm still up in the air on who'd I want to cosplay.
Germaine and all the squirrels from Neurotically Yours (www.illwillpress.com) but getting the skin cap on is irritating.
Jr. from Xenosaga, but I'd need to swipe the costume back from the person who's borrowing it.
Alita from Battle Angel Last Order, but my body paint doesn't hold up as well as I'd like and contacts are uncomfy.
All my other costumes tend to rely on warm weather, or part of the costume has gotten damaged in some way.
To broke to make something new, not that I'd have the time. Silly comics.
Last edited by MinekaC on Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EdoTheKitsune

Post by EdoTheKitsune » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:54 pm

that sound real cool. ed is one of my favorite anime Gays. what ed are you going as. are you going as miove ed, red coat ed or nomel ed. either way i will look for you there.
yeah, hes one of my favorites too. Im going as 15 year old Ed with his red coat. are you cosplaying?
Roy Mustang: You can call me Roy Mustang. Or just Lieutenant Colonel. Hell, you can call me the Flame Alchemist. Whatever you do, remember the pain.

cactuspear51

Post by cactuspear51 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:39 pm

Ritsuka and maybe schrodinger >:3

joekou

Post by joekou » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:21 am

yeah i'm going as Sogeking, and Jamie form megas xlr

NinjaHellKitty

Post by NinjaHellKitty » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:01 pm

I was gonna go as shrodinger for halloween and katsucon one year... but then my seam ripper happened and I didnt get back out to the army/navy for more mats...

Maggie
Staff Emeritus

Post by Maggie » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:29 pm

EdoTheKitsune wrote: Anyway, this is gonna be my first con, so im really REALLY excited. I plan plan to go as Ed Elric, and my friend is being Tenten. Is anybody else cosplaying FMA? jw
I think several people are planning on going as the seven deadly sins people. (I don't know if that have all of them yet though)

Tintin is awesome! Does he have a Snowy? I think I would be fun to cosplay Tompson and Thompson. Or are you talking about a different one?

EdoTheKitsune

Post by EdoTheKitsune » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:04 pm

Maggie wrote:I think several people are planning on going as the seven deadly sins people. (I don't know if that have all of them yet though)

Tintin is awesome! Does he have a Snowy? I think I would be fun to cosplay Tompson and Thompson. Or are you talking about a different one?
Oh awesome! I'll have to bring my camera so I can take pictures with them :wink:

Oh um I meant Tenten from Naruto... but Tintin is awesome too hehe!