Setsucon Cosplay

Feel free to chat away about the con!
Mr. Otaku

Post by Mr. Otaku » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:10 pm

I hoping to cosplay as three different characters. One for each day. I already decided to do Naruto Uzumaki, but I can't decide on the other two days.

Maggie
Staff Emeritus

Post by Maggie » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:09 pm

I think I need to watch Naruto and FMA, I'm really starting to feel left out :(

Mr. Otaku

Post by Mr. Otaku » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:27 am

Awww... Don't worry! Be happy. Don't worry be happy now. Ooooo.
Just grab some Naruto and/or FMA DVDs from Netflix.com . I think that could help you. Or you can go to toycup.com and choose from some ready-made costumes. That's where I got Naruto.

MinekaC
Staff

Post by MinekaC » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:09 pm

Sorry Maggie, I just have to comment on the icon. Who's Milou? You'd think it'd be Tintin and Snowey, or at the very least Tintin and Haddock *giggles* worst of all, Tintin is british but in the cartoons they gave him an american accent, wtf? Not mention the shouts of blistering barnacles and thundering typhoons, is never filled with as much malice as it should be *shakes head in dismay* truly, american voice actors need to work on figuring out the personality/background of those whom they're supposed to be voicing. *shakes head and walks away* And to stay slightly on topic: I wanna be the Setsucon mascot, the boy one!

Maggie
Staff Emeritus

Post by Maggie » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:17 pm

It's Snowey--in French. Actually Hergé was from Belgium and so is Tintin, and the books were first published in French, so Tin-tin should probably have a French accent. Wait-- I forgot there's a cartoon, I think I saw it once, on vacation, a few years ago.... Dang! I'm gonna have to go looking for that! Yay for off-topic goodness!

MinekaC
Staff

Post by MinekaC » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:00 pm

Really? Belgian? Huh, well there goes a 7 year long notion down the drain. Least he's Belgian, and if Poirot is anything to go by, the Belgians DO NOT like being confused with the french. *pauses and thinks* Isn't it interesting, when Hollywood makes a movie in England they've got English accents, but if it's located in France (*is remembering EverAfter*) they have american accents........
Maybe they toss the accents, because if they where going to be realistic they'd be talking in french with subtitles! Augh, Hollywood makes me all confoosedy. *shrugs* Alright, bay on topic now.......

...... cosplay is fun.

Maggie
Staff Emeritus

Post by Maggie » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:18 pm

Back off topic: What about inspecter Cleuseau? (sp?) Maybe that's why nobody get's a French accent. The audience wouldn't be able to keep a straight face because they remember him. But, that doesn't excuse the Englich characters in Tintin from not having English accents.... "Well, let's just rewrite it with everyone being American's and that solves the problem of accents."
Still off topic: But I went to see the No Refund Theater show this weekend and one actor played ~10 different parts with ~4 different accents and he did a pretty darn good job with them too.

[/off topic] Cosplay! I should take suggestions. I was planning on just wearing a kimono, but I'm starting to think I want to try to cosplay something if I get the chance/time. I should probably work on something in case I decide to go to Katsucon too.

meryl

trigun cosplay

Post by meryl » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:44 am

IF Setsucon really has a dealer's room, and IF we can afford a table there, we will be cosplaying as Vash the Stampede and Meryl Stryfe. Unless we get some upgrades done before then, in which case we will be Kikashi (Naruto) and Ukyo (Samurai 7). Or some combination thereof!!! Please visit our site and click on "galleries" to see our latest con photos: www.forumwar.net.

Panda

Re: trigun cosplay

Post by Panda » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:23 pm

meryl wrote:IF Setsucon really has a dealer's room, and IF we can afford a table there, we will be cosplaying as Vash the Stampede and Meryl Stryfe. Unless we get some upgrades done before then, in which case we will be Kikashi (Naruto) and Ukyo (Samurai 7). Or some combination thereof!!! Please visit our site and click on "galleries" to see our latest con photos: www.forumwar.net.
Oh, potential vendor! :D Welcome to the forum. Yes, there will be
a vendor's room. Registration form should be made availible relaly soon. :P Don't worry, shouldn't be expensive.

Looks like you've got some good products. :wink:

Merveilles

Post by Merveilles » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:58 pm

I'll be probably running around like a maniac all day and 6 inch Mana heels aren't ideal but....I'll be wearing some form of Mana during the con XDD Just maybe Utena as well, we shall see if I can get finished in time.

nausicaa13

cosplay advice

Post by nausicaa13 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:04 pm

Hey, I'm working on a Kankuro costume. I think we're about halfway done. I'd like to please ask for advice as well as give some.

Shoes-- I found high top slippers at WalMart which I adapted by cutting off the toes, etc. A great result for only a $3 investment!

The Crow bundle is almost finished. I have a cheap brown Halloween costume wig which I want to use for Crow's hair. I can cut it to make it look more spiky, but I'd also like to make it stand up a bit. I'm considering spraying it with matte sealer: quick dry clear overcoat.
Is there any reason I should not do this? Will it melt the cheap wig?
Are there any other products you would recommend instead?
Thanks!

bru
Site Admin

Re: cosplay advice

Post by bru » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:58 am

nausicaa13 wrote:Hey, I'm working on a Kankuro costume. I think we're about halfway done. I'd like to please ask for advice as well as give some.

Shoes-- I found high top slippers at WalMart which I adapted by cutting off the toes, etc. A great result for only a $3 investment!

The Crow bundle is almost finished. I have a cheap brown Halloween costume wig which I want to use for Crow's hair. I can cut it to make it look more spiky, but I'd also like to make it stand up a bit. I'm considering spraying it with matte sealer: quick dry clear overcoat.
Is there any reason I should not do this? Will it melt the cheap wig?
Are there any other products you would recommend instead?
Thanks!
that sounds kinda risqué. I know there's this blast heair spray that works.. wonders. It'll also leave a thick coat of slime on your hands.. But it's good for things like Cloud's hair. It's something 2b.. like Got2B freezing blast hairspray.
Setsu '07 -Con-Chair [n vice chair/treasurer.. yea]
'08 -Cosplay Judge
'09 - Judge/ Web
'10 - Judge / Web / Somehow still involved XDD
'11 - Moar Web / Old age is setting in...
'12 - Never gonna give you up
'13 - Never gonna let you down

kali

Re: cosplay advice

Post by kali » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:44 am

bru wrote: that sounds kinda risqué. I know there's this blast heair spray that works.. wonders. It'll also leave a thick coat of slime on your hands.. But it's good for things like Cloud's hair. It's something 2b.. like Got2B freezing blast hairspray.
I use the same stuff on almost all my wigs, including Nephrite (also helps keep Sailor Moon's pigtails of death in place)[/url]
Beware of Ninja
No Longer a Minion But Available For Grunt Work

mana_donut

Post by mana_donut » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:44 pm

i'm hoping i can finish a beatrix (ff9) costume in a week ^_^;;;;; i hope it doesn't end up looking too poopy ;_;+

mana_donut

Post by mana_donut » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:46 pm

oh, and is there a place around campus where i can find this got2b stuff? i don't think i'll have the time to spend messing around with so-so materials to make my curls