HAY GUYS look up

Feel free to chat away about the con!
shoeless_superhero

HAY GUYS look up

Post by shoeless_superhero » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:14 am

I was wondering if those two people in the banner are significant. Also, is the dark haried one a guy or a girl? :flirt: :mrgreen:

edit: can't see staff forums at the moment, so I'll post here that there is a club at PSU-Erie willing to plaster that place and that area with ads for Setsucon if we advertise minimally for the gaming convention they intend to have in late spring. Is this desireable?

mdm373

Post by mdm373 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:02 am

Its a guy...I'm pretty sure >.> <.<

Panda

Post by Panda » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:46 pm

They're our mascots. :D Black haired one is a boy.

I can't speak for the execs, but assisting in advertising sounds interesting.

MinekaC
Staff

Post by MinekaC » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:59 pm

Oh, have you guys got people on the staff to cosplay yer mascots yet? Can I cross-play the boy?
I really need to get to one of those setsucon meetings.... met the person in charge of the cosplay-ness at JoAnns the other day, that was neat, poor soul having to endure speech with I.

NinjaHellKitty

Post by NinjaHellKitty » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:55 pm

as far as I know we didnt make any plans for cosplaying the mascots. us staffers are too busy traying to actually make this happen >_<;;;

MinekaC
Staff

Post by MinekaC » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:54 pm

Aye I know. I'm surprised yer forking over all that money to the Days, and not doing it I-con style, *shrugs* but what do I know?
I wish I could attend some of the meetings, but I'm more or less under house arrest until I can stop coughing for more then a day. Really sucks, missing all the anime meetings to (least they haven't played an anime that I haven't already seen yet though.)
What about workshops? Do you have somewhere where people can sign up to do a workshop? If it's a workshop like plushie making or cel painting, would the person who brings the mats get reimbursement for them? Could you charge for the mats like they did at Shoujocon? 3 dollars per person for certain workshops to cover materials?
I can do workshops, dammit I really need to get to a setsucon meeting.
Maybe next week.
But anyway, I can run an origami, cel painting and plushie making workshops.
*does anime pose of determination* I am officailly determined to make it to the week after next weeks meeting (next tuesday is All Hallows, early T&ter gets the better choice of candy!), and try to help out in the workshop/panel/events department. YOSH!

Panda

Post by Panda » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:31 pm

I don't think we ever actualy considered it, but hell, if we can get a mascot cosplayer I think that would be pretty great. :D We can make the execs stand for thirty minutes in smiley agony as we take multiple photos and video recordings for Setsucon 2008 PR. :twisted:

MinekaC
Staff

Post by MinekaC » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:16 pm

Panda wrote:I don't think we ever actualy considered it, but hell, if we can get a mascot cosplayer I think that would be pretty great. :D We can make the execs stand for thirty minutes in smiley agony as we take multiple photos and video recordings for Setsucon 2008 PR. :twisted:
*waves hand like a maniac and hops up and down* YAY! COOL! But I already claimed the boy, tell me I get to be the boy mascot, PULEEEEEAZE *falls down at your feet and blatantly grovels* I already have the perfect wig left over from a Subaru cosplayer, the perfect contacts left over from my Alita cosplay, so all I'd need to do is the sweater, and that's easy enough to do with some blue dye and ribbon. What kind of pants are they wearing? Please tell it's regular blue jeans and not khakis, I don't like wearing khaki, but they look so...... preppy.
*begs some more for the privlege of being the boy mascot* PWEEEASE? At least say I get first dibs, and if I can not ful-fill the role I pass it on to someone else? Please *starts to cry a bit*

Panda

Post by Panda » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:15 pm

This is one of our flyers that shows them in full:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g272/ ... flyer1.jpg

Don't worry, the it's not likely many will cosplay as our mascots, unfortunetely. :cry:

EdoTheKitsune

Post by EdoTheKitsune » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:11 pm

hey, who drew your guy's mascots? im just curious, cause their pretty good, especially on the Setsucon flyer.
Roy Mustang: You can call me Roy Mustang. Or just Lieutenant Colonel. Hell, you can call me the Flame Alchemist. Whatever you do, remember the pain.

MinekaC
Staff

Post by MinekaC » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:25 pm

First off, is "brithplace" supposed to be typed like that, or was that a typo?
Hrmm, those pants could either be slacks (ick) or a dark cordory(sp?) jean.
Hrmm...... I think I can swing that, it's also sorta up to interpertation, they could be a dark dark brown or a faded black. Hrmm, even though to be more accurate....... okay who the hell is using twenty pounds of garlic?! *goes to check* that woman needs to learn to cook, ugh, anyway.....
I think I might go with them being faded black approach, since I have those to. So really the only thing I'd have to make is the sweater, and that should be very easy to make. Yay.
Just out of curiousity, how come there's only one group meeting a week? You'd think since it's about three monthes away there'd be at least two or three weekly meetings, just curious. But then you guys also have classes, so that's likely why. I'll be there on the 7th!

Macavity
Staff Emeritus

Post by Macavity » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:56 pm

Edo, to answer your question Great_Glory did them, though I don't think she's has a name on this forum yet.
Setsucon 2007 Registration Head
Setsucon 2008 Con-Chair
Setsucon 2009 Operations Director
Setsucon 2010 Sweet Freedom! (i.e., I Graduate!)

Macavity's not here!