World Record

Feel free to chat away about the con!
Mr. Otaku

World Record

Post by Mr. Otaku » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:10 am

I'm pretty sure that I will get enough anime so that I and anybody else who is interested can set a world record for longest movie marathon. Even if I don't get the 100 hours that I am shooting for, as long as I get over 76 hours, the reocrd will be ours.

Mr. Otaku

Post by Mr. Otaku » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:08 am

I just got the anime to break the world record!
I just got the Sailor Moon Series set, Ranma 1/2 Season 1 and Mahoromatic series set!
I'm hoping to set the record just before Setsucon.
I tried to get into the Guiness Book web sites, but I'm having a hard time trying to download the application for the attempt.

Mr. Otaku

Post by Mr. Otaku » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:28 am

I have just submitted a claim to the Guinness Book of World Records! I'm hoping to do this with everybody (Volunteer or not). I'm also hoping to start this when there is 80 hours left until Setsucon opens. That would be a good accomplishment leading up to the convention.

Panda

Post by Panda » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:58 pm

I raise my origanal point: while I find the idea really great, even if the execs (hello? are you there?) agree, I must wonder where it would be hosted.

As far as I know, we're not going to get in early enough to hold it at the hotel. Therefore some other facility would be needed. Since that would require a lot more planning, it may be better to delay such an event until next time around.

Mr. Otaku

Post by Mr. Otaku » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:12 pm

Just to think about it, since my place is all the way in Portage, you're right. Maybe someone could host it from their house or dorm room. Plus, due to time constraints, I can have it end just 24 hours before the con begins. Now, all we need is a host.

MinekaC
Staff

Post by MinekaC » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:44 pm

I'd offer to allow you to have it at my house, but I don't know if we'll have our basement done in time, which is where the main TV is going. Not to mention there's likely to be a massive lack of seating what with only one couch and an arm chair or two. As of right now we don't even have the main TV hooked up, nor any of its encompanying speakers and gadgets that I have-no-idea-what-they're-called.
Pithy, since I'm one town over in Centre Hall, unfortuntly CATA doesn't come out this far, so you'd have to have someone driving you.

Mr. Otaku

Post by Mr. Otaku » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:10 am

I might either drive or buy a bus ticket to State College.

Inu_Ai

Hmmm

Post by Inu_Ai » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:36 pm

Hmmm...100hrs*60min=6000min/25min per episode=240 episodes/3 episodes per disc (not really)=80 discs.....Did I do that right? I dunno...if I did, then I have more than enough to run for over 100 hrs. ^_^ I have about 170 discs of anime. I don't know how many series though, and a few are movies. The number of episodes per disc varies, although it usually is more than 3. Oh and there's always the DLed stuff too but, that would be on a computer. -_-; I think I spend too much money...and that's not counting the manga....

::sigh:: Obsessions are robbing me blind. But still I'm grinning like an idiot.

Panda

Post by Panda » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:31 pm

Just watch all of Sailor Moon. :P That covers about 75 hours worth with just the series. Toss in the movies and specials, maybe 80?

Hell, fill in the rest of the time with Urotsokudoji: Legend of Overfiend! :twisted: :lol:

bru
Site Admin

Post by bru » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:46 am

Panda wrote:Just watch all of Sailor Moon. :P That covers about 75 hours worth with just the series. Toss in the movies and specials, maybe 80?

Hell, fill in the rest of the time with Urotsokudoji: Legend of Overfiend! :twisted: :lol:
WOOT! Sailor Moon go! I have all of Sailor Moon.. Well I guess as all as it gets.
Setsu '07 -Con-Chair [n vice chair/treasurer.. yea]
'08 -Cosplay Judge
'09 - Judge/ Web
'10 - Judge / Web / Somehow still involved XDD
'11 - Moar Web / Old age is setting in...
'12 - Never gonna give you up
'13 - Never gonna let you down

Panda

Post by Panda » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:30 pm

bru wrote:
Panda wrote:Just watch all of Sailor Moon. :P That covers about 75 hours worth with just the series. Toss in the movies and specials, maybe 80?

WOOT! Sailor Moon go! I have all of Sailor Moon.. Well I guess as all as it gets.
Even the ominous cross-dressing season...? :P :wink: