Black Butler photoshoot, anyone?

Postings about Setsucon 2011
modernparanoia

Black Butler photoshoot, anyone?

Post by modernparanoia » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:06 pm

So, I've been snooping around and I've noticed that quite a few people are doing Kuroshitsuji cosplays. My friends and I are joining the fray and doing a theme, so I was wondering if we could put our heads together and get an epic Kuroshitsuji photoshoot going. One person in my group isn't cosplaying, so she'll be free to take pictures as needed. Is there already one going on that I do not know of?

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions/feedback/candy?
Upcoming Events
-Setsucon
-Tekkoshocon
-Otakon

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zetsubouresa.
Feel free to add me and stuff.

Aristie

Re: Black Butler photoshoot, anyone?

Post by Aristie » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:14 pm

As far as I know...I don't think there's a set time/place for a Kuroshitsuji photoshoot. But it would be nice to have one =D As for ideas..I haven't a clue XD

modernparanoia

Post by modernparanoia » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:41 pm

Aristie wrote:As far as I know...I don't think there's a set time/place for a Kuroshitsuji photoshoot. But it would be nice to have one =D As for ideas..I haven't a clue XD

Then I think us Black Butler cosplayers should set one up via the forums then. Since I can see that there's going to be fairly decent amount of Kuroshitsuji cosplayers attending, I think we could make one a big success.
I've been to Setsucon two other times, so I know the layout of the hotel and the surrounding area fairly well. I'd love to have one in the gazebo (considering the series, I think it would be perfect), but ninety percent of the time that's occupied by stupid dumbass people hogging it to sleep or read manga. Maybe we can set up a meeting place, start at the gazebo, then work our was to a location outside. -flails-

As always, anyone can throw out ideas. Any suggestions on a time or place for a meet-up and photoshoot are welcome. I can't be the only one brainstorming or my head will hurt.
Upcoming Events
-Setsucon
-Tekkoshocon
-Otakon

Aristie

Post by Aristie » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:49 pm

I agree, it's a great idea. It'll be more organized and stuff.

It's going to be my second time going to setsu..but didn't they change the hotel for next yr? But yeah..um...as for the place..might wanna look at the hotel first, but It would be nice to get some pictures outside too...for a little bit. lol. and for the time...um...sometime in the morning? maybe? I have 3 other cosplays lined up for the day T-T

oh, btw. Do you mind if I add you on fb?

modernparanoia

Post by modernparanoia » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:55 pm

Aristie wrote:I agree, it's a great idea. It'll be more organized and stuff.

It's going to be my second time going to setsu..but didn't they change the hotel for next yr? But yeah..um...as for the place..might wanna look at the hotel first, but It would be nice to get some pictures outside too...for a little bit. lol. and for the time...um...sometime in the morning? maybe? I have 3 other cosplays lined up for the day T-T

oh, btw. Do you mind if I add you on fb?

I just checked and they did change the damn venue. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Anyway, the venue change shouldn't be too much of a problem. And yeah, it'll be much better if we organize something on here instead of spreading it through word of mouth at the con, then surprising the shit out of people at the last minute. They did that at another con for a Bleach photoshoot and I was so pissed because I wasn't in that cosplay, therefore I couldn't go because I wouldn't have had time to change. So yeah, something in the morning....maybe late morning like eleven-ish? I don't want to make it too early, because I'm afraid people won't get out of bed for it. I say that because I know I certainly wont, haha. >.<

Yeah, you can definitely add me on FB.
Upcoming Events
-Setsucon
-Tekkoshocon
-Otakon

Aristie

Post by Aristie » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:02 pm

lol. XD I'm sure we'll find somewhere nice. Oh yeah..I know what you mean =/ But I'll tell my other Kuro friends about this. I'll have a Lau with me annndd maybe an Undertaker? Lmao! XD Yeah 11am should be fine. I probably wont be able to get to the con until 10 since I live 3 hours away >.<''

modernparanoia

Post by modernparanoia » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:08 pm

Aristie wrote:lol. XD I'm sure we'll find somewhere nice. Oh yeah..I know what you mean =/ But I'll tell my other Kuro friends about this. I'll have a Lau with me annndd maybe an Undertaker? Lmao! XD Yeah 11am should be fine. I probably wont be able to get to the con until 10 since I live 3 hours away >.<''
I live about two and a half hours away myself but my crew and I are getting there Friday night, so I'll have plenty of time to get settled in. So setting up any time is really okay with me. I'm just worried that doing it so early in the convention, people will be just arriving, getting dressed, etc so I almost would rather do it in the evening during prime con attendance to get the most people involved.
I browsed the 'who are you cosplaying as' thread, and it seems a ton of people are doing Grell. My friend is probably going to be the only male Grell there, bwahaha. But yeah, I'd like to get all of these people together. I'd like to meet other Kuroshitsuji fans. So come on, kids, let's get something started.

Are you cosplaying someone from the series?
Upcoming Events
-Setsucon
-Tekkoshocon
-Otakon

Aristie

Post by Aristie » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:20 pm

modernparanoia wrote:
Aristie wrote:lol. XD I'm sure we'll find somewhere nice. Oh yeah..I know what you mean =/ But I'll tell my other Kuro friends about this. I'll have a Lau with me annndd maybe an Undertaker? Lmao! XD Yeah 11am should be fine. I probably wont be able to get to the con until 10 since I live 3 hours away >.<''
I live about two and a half hours away myself but my crew and I are getting there Friday night, so I'll have plenty of time to get settled in. So setting up any time is really okay with me. I'm just worried that doing it so early in the convention, people will be just arriving, getting dressed, etc so I almost would rather do it in the evening during prime con attendance to get the most people involved.
I browsed the 'who are you cosplaying as' thread, and it seems a ton of people are doing Grell. My friend is probably going to be the only male Grell there, bwahaha. But yeah, I'd like to get all of these people together. I'd like to meet other Kuroshitsuji fans. So come on, kids, let's get something started.

Oh wow, you guys too huh. I'll be getting up at the crack of dawn on Saturday and rdive down, then stay overnight for Sunday. I can probably change back in the evening, and I can probably convince my Lau to do the same. But whatever works for you guys and everyone else.

Yeah. The more popular of the Kuro cast gets cosplayed alot =) Seriousy!? I have yet to see a male Grell D: And same here!

Yup! Ranmao~

modernparanoia

Post by modernparanoia » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:28 pm

Aristie wrote:
modernparanoia wrote:

Oh wow, you guys too huh. I'll be getting up at the crack of dawn on Saturday and rdive down, then stay overnight for Sunday. I can probably change back in the evening, and I can probably convince my Lau to do the same. But whatever works for you guys and everyone else.

Yeah. The more popular of the Kuro cast gets cosplayed alot =) Seriousy!? I have yet to see a male Grell D: And same here!

Yup! Ranmao~

Awesome. I'm thinking maybe six or seven PM? Somewhere around there, maybe? Hopefully it's not during Todd Haberkorn because I'm afraid if we do that, no one will show up. But from my experience, it seems VA panels normally don't run that late so, I'm thinking we'd be in the clear. I'd like to get some night shots in there so I'm thinking start inside, then head outside. I'll have to canvas the area to see if I can find any good shots where we can be out of the way, etc. Hopefully, we can get more people interested and willing to participate instead of just us five.

I just checked out your FB page and your Ranmao is BOSS good. I'm hoping our Undertaker/Grell/Sebastian triple combo pack look just as good as that. Rahahaha.
Upcoming Events
-Setsucon
-Tekkoshocon
-Otakon

Aristie

Post by Aristie » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:39 pm

modernparanoia wrote: Awesome. I'm thinking maybe six or seven PM? Somewhere around there, maybe? Hopefully it's not during Todd Haberkorn because I'm afraid if we do that, no one will show up. But from my experience, it seems VA panels normally don't run that late so, I'm thinking we'd be in the clear. I'd like to get some night shots in there so I'm thinking start inside, then head outside. I'll have to canvas the area to see if I can find any good shots where we can be out of the way, etc. Hopefully, we can get more people interested and willing to participate instead of just us five.

I just checked out your FB page and your Ranmao is BOSS good. I'm hoping our Undertaker/Grell/Sebastian triple combo pack look just as good as that. Rahahaha.
Hmm...I think we were planning on going to the masq and host club auction too...so yeah hopefully it doesnt run into that time either. I dont really go to VA panels, but not sure about the people with me... Night shots would be nice though =) lol. yeah, I hope so too.

Thanks ^w^ I'm nervous to wear it to the con though XD I bet you guys will look great! I'm new at cosplaying so yeah XD

modernparanoia

Post by modernparanoia » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:47 pm

Aristie wrote:
modernparanoia wrote: Awesome. I'm thinking maybe six or seven PM? Somewhere around there, maybe? Hopefully it's not during Todd Haberkorn because I'm afraid if we do that, no one will show up. But from my experience, it seems VA panels normally don't run that late so, I'm thinking we'd be in the clear. I'd like to get some night shots in there so I'm thinking start inside, then head outside. I'll have to canvas the area to see if I can find any good shots where we can be out of the way, etc. Hopefully, we can get more people interested and willing to participate instead of just us five.

Hmm...I think we were planning on going to the masq and host club auction too...so yeah hopefully it doesnt run into that time either. I dont really go to VA panels, but not sure about the people with me... Night shots would be nice though =) lol. yeah, I hope so too.

Thanks ^w^ I'm nervous to wear it to the con though XD I bet you guys will look great! I'm new at cosplaying so yeah XD

Ack, I forgot about the masquerade, too! FFFFFFFUUUUUUU. Photoshoot planning superfail, on my part.
I never go to the masquerades (or the raves), but it definitely can't run into either of those, along with the VA panels. I don't do any of those things at cons, but I know other people really enjoy them, so I'm going to try to accommodate everyone's needs. But yeah, you're right...7 or 8 is probably going to run right into the masquerade. I have no idea what the host club auction is (or when they're holding it). Maybe 9pm, then? I'm thinking if we make it later in the night, people will be less likely to do con-related things, and focus more on wanting pictures of their cosplays. Maybe...but then again, that's just how I am anyway.

Thoughts?

Hopefully other people start chipping in. Our brains are going to be mush by the end of the night. >.<
Upcoming Events
-Setsucon
-Tekkoshocon
-Otakon

Aristie

Post by Aristie » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:58 pm

modernparanoia wrote: Ack, I forgot about the masquerade, too! FFFFFFFUUUUUUU. Photoshoot planning superfail, on my part.
I never go to the masquerades (or the raves), but it definitely can't run into either of those, along with the VA panels. I don't do any of those things at cons, but I know other people really enjoy them, so I'm going to try to accommodate everyone's needs. But yeah, you're right...7 or 8 is probably going to run right into the masquerade. I have no idea what the host club auction is (or when they're holding it). Maybe 9pm, then? I'm thinking if we make it later in the night, people will be less likely to do con-related things, and focus more on wanting pictures of their cosplays. Maybe...but then again, that's just how I am anyway.

Thoughts?

Hopefully other people start chipping in. Our brains are going to be mush by the end of the night. >.<
XD Planning this out is harder than I thought it would be XD Im not sure when theyre doing all that either =/ wish we had more schedule info...maybe they'll have it up closer to Setsu and then we can finalize a plan by then?

Lol. I'm trying to kick my Lau into the forum, but she's having computer issues ^^'' so maybe later she might be able to help. Its pretty late, I think I'm heading to bed for the night =) It was nice meeting and talking to you. Ttyl =)

modernparanoia

Post by modernparanoia » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:01 am

Aristie wrote:
modernparanoia wrote: Ack, I forgot about the masquerade, too! FFFFFFFUUUUUUU. Photoshoot planning superfail, on my part.

Thoughts?

XD Planning this out is harder than I thought it would be XD Im not sure when theyre doing all that either =/ wish we had more schedule info...maybe they'll have it up closer to Setsu and then we can finalize a plan by then?

Lol. I'm trying to kick my Lau into the forum, but she's having computer issues ^^'' so maybe later she might be able to help. Its pretty late, I think I'm heading to bed for the night =) It was nice meeting and talking to you. Ttyl =)
You are right...hopefully as time passes we can get more people involved.
I'm going to sleep on this myself, then come back with a fresh mind to research the venue a bit.
Upcoming Events
-Setsucon
-Tekkoshocon
-Otakon

AmaranthAlchemist

Post by AmaranthAlchemist » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:47 pm

I would definitely love to do this. I'm planning on Grell as my backup plan, but if I can scrap up enough funds from job, birthday and Christmas money, I'm shooting for Robin or Trap!Ciel. I also think it would be a good idea to have it sometime at night. As long as it doesn't conflict with the rave :3 I'm totally going to that.

I'm still relatively new to cons and I've never done anything like this before so I'm definitely excited 8)

twilight-tora

Post by twilight-tora » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:59 pm

HIHI!!!! (im aristies lau XD ) and i have officialy been 'kicked into' the forum lol! ok! as for times! what if we do the shoot on sunday? o3o i mean, since setsu is only a 2 day con (WHYYYY??!?!?!! TT^TT ) saturday is alway uber packed with stuff going on! so, if we do it on sunday we would have much more time to take pics and stuff! and if we do it in the am on sunday (theres usually nothing good planned in the morning) we can do a 'kuroshitsuji breakfast!' and head over to the diner in cosplay for pancakes before the shoot! :3 OR! we can do it in the afternoon towards the end of setsu! (couse they usually only have the 'goodbye' panels running then) i know it would be hard couse some people are only coming on saturday but, we would have alot more time freedom! tiss just a thought! :3

aristie: HIHI!!!! -huggles- oi! i like the name! ;3