Black Butler photoshoot, anyone?

Postings about Setsucon 2011
bru
Site Admin

Re: Black Butler photoshoot, anyone?

Post by bru » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:01 pm

Hi yall^^ I'm just dropping by with some information that'll hopefully help.... maybe perhaps.

Here's a floor plan of the Hotel: Floor Plans
I can't tell you exactly what's going on with setup up, however, hopefully that'll give you an idea what the place looks like overall^^ If you don't fear the cold, there's a rather nice courtyard outside in addition to the terrace areas^^ Sadly none of the virtual tours really showed off the hotel aside from the guest rooms :/
Setsu '07 -Con-Chair [n vice chair/treasurer.. yea]
'08 -Cosplay Judge
'09 - Judge/ Web
'10 - Judge / Web / Somehow still involved XDD
'11 - Moar Web / Old age is setting in...
'12 - Never gonna give you up
'13 - Never gonna let you down

AmaranthAlchemist

Post by AmaranthAlchemist » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:27 pm

twilight-tora wrote:HIHI!!!! (im aristies lau XD ) and i have officialy been 'kicked into' the forum lol! ok! as for times! what if we do the shoot on sunday? o3o i mean, since setsu is only a 2 day con (WHYYYY??!?!?!! TT^TT ) saturday is alway uber packed with stuff going on! so, if we do it on sunday we would have much more time to take pics and stuff! and if we do it in the am on sunday (theres usually nothing good planned in the morning) we can do a 'kuroshitsuji breakfast!' and head over to the diner in cosplay for pancakes before the shoot! :3 OR! we can do it in the afternoon towards the end of setsu! (couse they usually only have the 'goodbye' panels running then) i know it would be hard couse some people are only coming on saturday but, we would have alot more time freedom! tiss just a thought! :3

aristie: HIHI!!!! -huggles- oi! i like the name! ;3
I think Sunday would be a good day for it too...Plus I promised a friend I'd be someone else on Sat ^^;
Hmmm....I like this "Kuroshitsuji breakfast" Idea...*Evil laughter* O_o No idea what that was for...lol

@Bru: Thanks for the floor plan! I had been wondering what it looked like..

Aristie

Post by Aristie » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:56 pm

AmaranthAlchemist wrote:
twilight-tora wrote:HIHI!!!! (im aristies lau XD ) and i have officialy been 'kicked into' the forum lol! ok! as for times! what if we do the shoot on sunday? o3o i mean, since setsu is only a 2 day con (WHYYYY??!?!?!! TT^TT ) saturday is alway uber packed with stuff going on! so, if we do it on sunday we would have much more time to take pics and stuff! and if we do it in the am on sunday (theres usually nothing good planned in the morning) we can do a 'kuroshitsuji breakfast!' and head over to the diner in cosplay for pancakes before the shoot! :3 OR! we can do it in the afternoon towards the end of setsu! (couse they usually only have the 'goodbye' panels running then) i know it would be hard couse some people are only coming on saturday but, we would have alot more time freedom! tiss just a thought! :3

aristie: HIHI!!!! -huggles- oi! i like the name! ;3
I think Sunday would be a good day for it too...Plus I promised a friend I'd be someone else on Sat ^^;
Hmmm....I like this "Kuroshitsuji breakfast" Idea...*Evil laughter* O_o No idea what that was for...lol

@Bru: Thanks for the floor plan! I had been wondering what it looked like..
@Twilight: Thanks =3 one of my college classmates has that name and i liked it XD

And sunday kuro breakfast sounds like a good idea too. Now to see if it works for everyone else. Don't wanna leave ppl who are only going on Saturdays out =(

@Bru: Thanks for the info too =D

modernparanoia

Post by modernparanoia » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:53 pm

@ Bru: Thanks for the information. We'll put it to good use, for sure.

Personally, I'm a little sketchy about doing the photoshoot on Sunday because I'm worried that a lot of people won't be in cosplay that day because they'll be packing to go home or hitting up dealer room/artist's alley. I mean, I guess if we tell enough people on Saturday during the day, maybe we can amass some other cosplayers who can make time for it, I guess? Any thoughts or concerns about this? I would be okay with it and would probably plan my day around it just to do the photoshoot, but I don't know how much participation we'd get from others. Just a thought.
But I am LOVING the idea of a Kuroshitsuji breakfast, that's for sure. :D

But yeah, in all honesty, I think it would be better if we DID do it on Sunday morning. If we did shoot for Sunday morning, how about around 10? Normally, you have to be out of the room by noon, so that will give us two hours for breakfast and picture times. Does everyone think that's enough time? I don't know how old everyone is, but my crew and I are over 21, so we plan on doing some drinking on Saturday night and aren't really looking to get up at the asscrack of dawn.

So, anyone else have anything to contribute?
Upcoming Events
-Setsucon
-Tekkoshocon
-Otakon

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zetsubouresa.
Feel free to add me and stuff.

modernparanoia

Post by modernparanoia » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:43 pm

I was thinking....what are everyone's thoughts about a midnight photoshoot?
Upcoming Events
-Setsucon
-Tekkoshocon
-Otakon

Aristie

Post by Aristie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:59 pm

modernparanoia wrote:@ Bru: Thanks for the information. We'll put it to good use, for sure.

Personally, I'm a little sketchy about doing the photoshoot on Sunday because I'm worried that a lot of people won't be in cosplay that day because they'll be packing to go home or hitting up dealer room/artist's alley. I mean, I guess if we tell enough people on Saturday during the day, maybe we can amass some other cosplayers who can make time for it, I guess? Any thoughts or concerns about this? I would be okay with it and would probably plan my day around it just to do the photoshoot, but I don't know how much participation we'd get from others. Just a thought.

But yeah, in all honesty, I think it would be better if we DID do it on Sunday morning. If we did shoot for Sunday morning, how about around 10? Normally, you have to be out of the room by noon, so that will give us two hours for breakfast and picture times. Does everyone think that's enough time? I don't know how old everyone is, but my crew and I are over 21, so we plan on doing some drinking on Saturday night and aren't really looking to get up at the asscrack of dawn.

We'll hunt down the kuro cosplayers and tell them about it. Sunday sounds good, and plans for sunday breakfast and photshoot sounds good. I'm 21 but Lau is underaged :twisted:

and about a midnight shoot...I don't really know right now. Gotta talk and see what Lau says~

modernparanoia

Post by modernparanoia » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:03 pm

Aristie wrote:
modernparanoia wrote:@ Bru: Thanks for the information. We'll put it to good use, for sure.

We'll hunt down the kuro cosplayers and tell them about it. Sunday sounds good, and plans for sunday breakfast and photshoot sounds good. I'm 21 but Lau is underaged :twisted:

and about a midnight shoot...I don't really know right now. Gotta talk and see what Lau says~
Okay, talk to them and if that'll be too much of a hassle then we'll just do it on Sunday and my friends will have to deal with it. I'd rather do it on Sunday morning than not do it at all. :D
Upcoming Events
-Setsucon
-Tekkoshocon
-Otakon

ParisWriter

Post by ParisWriter » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:03 pm

One of the many Grells, here... Although I think I'm the only one doing both butler!Grell and shinigami!Grell (with a changeover part-way through Saturday). So, depending on when the photoshoot is... that will determine which version of Grell you get, lol. My mom is going as Madam Red, as well. Like others have said, as long as it doesn't conflict with the rave or any of Todd Haberkorn's stuff (I wouldn't miss any of it because I have a bit of a crush on him and I need to add his autograph to my signed Ouran collection) - then I think we can totally be there.

Just get me details as soon as possible.

EDIT: Okay, so I just read the last few posts... I wasn't planning on cosplaying Grell on Sunday (I was contemplating putting together a TYL!Belphegor for that day) but if you guys want to do the shoot then I could definitely throw my costume back on for the half-hour or so it would take to do the pictures. Also, it's not a big deal to change between the two different Grell outfits - so if there's a desire for pictures of both versions I'd be happy to oblige.

modernparanoia

Post by modernparanoia » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:21 pm

ParisWriter wrote:One of the many Grells, here... Although I think I'm the only one doing both butler!Grell and shinigami!Grell (with a changeover part-way through Saturday). So, depending on when the photoshoot is... that will determine which version of Grell you get, lol. My mom is going as Madam Red, as well. Like others have said, as long as it doesn't conflict with the rave or any of Todd Haberkorn's stuff (I wouldn't miss any of it because I have a bit of a crush on him and I need to add his autograph to my signed Ouran collection) - then I think we can totally be there.

Just get me details as soon as possible.

EDIT: Okay, so I just read the last few posts... I wasn't planning on cosplaying Grell on Sunday (I was contemplating putting together a TYL!Belphegor for that day) but if you guys want to do the shoot then I could definitely throw my costume back on for the half-hour or so it would take to do the pictures. Also, it's not a big deal to change between the two different Grell outfits - so if there's a desire for pictures of both versions I'd be happy to oblige.

Yeah, my friends and I weren't planning on cosplaying at all on Sunday, because we have a 2 and a half hour car trip, but we will do what we must. Though on the flip side, everyone else does have a point when suggesting Sunday morning, because there's just so much going on during the day on Saturday. Everyone wants to hit up the rave, masquerade or the voice actor guy...so it's hard to set up a time, which was why I suggested a midnight shoot. The con will be winding down and we won't get in anyone's way, and on top of that, it won't get in the way of anything anyone else wants to do.

I'm not in any position to make a final decision yet, so there's still time for us to put our heads together and come up with something that'll be to everyone's liking.
Upcoming Events
-Setsucon
-Tekkoshocon
-Otakon

setsuhen

Post by setsuhen » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:22 am

Count me in if i can finish my finian cosplay by then :D

twilight-tora

Post by twilight-tora » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:59 am

hay! ok! so, as far as i've seen sunday breakfast idea is a go? :3 and 10 sounds good!!! I GET TO SLEEP IN A LITTLEEE!!! im used to getting up at like 6 am XD but that sounds like a good idea! and as for a midnight photo shoot... i stay up late, (usually til about 1) but at cons i usually get really tired.. i mean i can grab coffee but... most times midnight shoots dont go very well as peeps are all sleep deprived! lol! :3 also! i have my hotel room till monday! so, if any one wants to change in my room (if its ok with aristie as shes rooming with me) its cool with me! so you can check out and still change! lol!

@aristie: coldd!! so cold!! loL! im only under age by a little!!! >3> loL!

modernparanoia

Post by modernparanoia » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:53 pm

twilight-tora wrote:hay! ok! so, as far as i've seen sunday breakfast idea is a go? :3 and 10 sounds good!!! I GET TO SLEEP IN A LITTLEEE!!! im used to getting up at like 6 am XD but that sounds like a good idea! and as for a midnight photo shoot... i stay up late, (usually til about 1) but at cons i usually get really tired.. i mean i can grab coffee but... most times midnight shoots dont go very well as peeps are all sleep deprived! lol! :3 also! i have my hotel room till monday! so, if any one wants to change in my room (if its ok with aristie as shes rooming with me) its cool with me! so you can check out and still change! lol!

@aristie: coldd!! so cold!! loL! im only under age by a little!!! >3> loL!
I'm not entirely sure yet if we're doing a Sunday morning photo thing or not. My friends really aren't interested in getting dressed up Sunday morning, but I'll tell them they don't have a choice, if I must. HAHA. :D
I was actually thinking about organizing two separate ones, a midnight shoot AND a morning shoot that involves breakfasting. That way, everyone can attend whichever one is more convenient, or if they can make both, come to both (which is obviously what I'm doing, lol).
To my knowledge, it'll just seem more practical for everyone involved and that way, everyone who wants pictures can get them.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I'm also trying to arrange for a professional photographer to be there at one of these times. Hopefully, it'll work out and they'll be able to come to at least ONE, but it'll probably end up being the midnight time. =/
Upcoming Events
-Setsucon
-Tekkoshocon
-Otakon

ParisWriter

Post by ParisWriter » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:57 am

So.... Any news on this? Still going on? If so, when?