Staff volunteers & panelist

Reg information, changes and related questions found here
Dr. Registration
Staff

Staff volunteers & panelist

Post by Dr. Registration » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:17 pm

Yes, you too have to pre-register. And yes, you too have to send in your registration fee. (for that is what means to register, form and fee)

Now, if you volunteer for staff, and properly work the minimum hours required, you can EARN a free registration in the form of reimbursement.
I would guess that there is a similar deal for panelists.
These are both taken care of at the end of Setsucon 2011

If you want to enter Setsucon 2011, you will need a badge.
If you want a badge, your must register (fill out form & PAY)

Vendors and Artists Alley have their registration with the Exhibitor Director (and staff)
Press goes to PR.
Everyone else goes through me, one way or another.
(actually, I have all the badges... till I hand them out...)

Now there are few expections: Guests that we are paying... The DJ that we are paying... and other small niche groups. (Con-Chair, Directors...)
If you do not know, then by all means, ask me, do not wait, do not assume. December 31st is already an extended deadline to pre-reg (and will not be extended again).

E-mail me (registration@setsucon.com), even though it is the holiday season and I will moving here and there, I have an iPhone and will keep up to date on e-mails. (no so much on forums and PMs)
Dr. Greg Slota
Registration Director 2011
registration@setsucon.com

Bernhard

Re: Staff volunteers & panelist

Post by Bernhard » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:15 pm

If you don't mind my asking, by "Staff volunteers" do you mean what some other cons would call "Gophers," or do you mean regular Staff ("Staff"-Staff, for want of a better term)?
E. Bernhard Warg
Otaku, Whovian, Geek, Anime's Frank, Otakon Classic Track guy and OtakuGeneration segment producer

Dr. Registration
Staff

Re: Staff volunteers & panelist

Post by Dr. Registration » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:31 am

Well, we have only two levels of staff here.
We have the dedicated people who are working with Setsucon right after the previous Setsucon ended (or even before...)
This included Directors, Dept Heads, and anybody already recruited to help well in advance of the con.

Then we have what some call "Day-of-Staffers" which would soft of count as what other conventions call "staffers", these people tend to work limited roles pre-con, and major roles @con. Anybody can be recruited or volunteer into this position. There are meetings before con that sort of require you to be at State College (or have connections) These meetings tend to happen something in January only.

There are no "Gophers" per say that we do not typically take on "staff" literally the "day-of" con. Exceptions may occur, but if you really want to help out, you should contact us before the start of the convention (try operations director)

We have "security", "registration" with major staff requirements, an then other sections have smaller requirements.

I believe that we are still looking for people who what to help out. (again, contact operation director)

Hope this helps.
Dr. Greg Slota
Registration Director 2011
registration@setsucon.com