I have some questions...

Postings about Setsucon 2012
Lightningand Fang

I have some questions...

Post by Lightningand Fang » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:06 pm

Hello! I'm new and i was all around the internet looking for conventions around my area when i found this one. I read every single detail about it (I even look up how far it is from where i live), i read every single threath here too. I had been thinking this could a good convention for a first time but, i've read that is a small Con. Does that makes it less funner or less better? I've been starting to make my costumes (I am planning on cosplaying as lightning from FFXIII and/or Yoruishi From Bleach). What anime/Video Games character do most people cosplays as in this Con.?

Well, that's all for now...Thank you :mrgreen:

kali

Re: I have some questions...

Post by kali » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:45 pm

Cons are what you make of them. If you're the kind of person who thinks that a con should do all the entertaining for you or goes solely for big name guests, you may want to stick with larger cons. If you are the type to make your own fun, hang out with people, check out awesome panels and enjoy audience participation, Setsucon is for you. The advantage of smaller cons is you usually get the chance to do more because you don't stand in line for 3 hours for a vieweing, get closed out of a panel or wait behind 50 people for a game. However, Setsucon con doesn't have the pull of say Otakon, so you won't see rare Japanese voice actors or big-name bands. Personally, I think it's a great con for n00bs because you won't get overwhelmed.

Setsucon gets the same mix of cosplayers as most cons. The more popular series will show up more often (bleach, naruto, soul eater, final fantasy, helitalia etc.), but there's always a variety from everything from sci-fi to comics to memes.
Beware of Ninja
No Longer a Minion But Available For Grunt Work

Ryaven
Staff Emeritus

Re: I have some questions...

Post by Ryaven » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:10 am

As a general rule, I've enjoyed small cons more. Like Kali said, there is a chance to mix and mingle with other con goers and you don't have to wait in line for 3 hours for panels or concerts. I've also found smaller cons to be more personable and the staff to be easier to find/interact with. Small cons also have a "family" feeling to them, like you're actually welcome there as a guest and not just a number :)