Panel Submission

Event announcements and discussion
Gnomie Svenson

Panel Submission

Post by Gnomie Svenson » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:08 am

I was just curious as to what the process, parameters, application, etc. for doing a panel at Setsu was. I did a panel at this past Tekko and at EAE4, and I would like to do one or two at Setsu. Any information you can give will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

dakitty
Staff Emeritus

Re: Panel Submission

Post by dakitty » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:08 am

We are currently working on finalizing the details, and they should be up soon. The rules that are 99% decided are:
You need to preregister.
There are 30 minute and 60 minute time slots available for Panels. Setup and breakdown time is included in this. Other durations will be discussed on a case by case basis.
We allow 18+ panels, but far fewer. If you are going to be doing 18+ material, let the Panels director know.
A panel can have as many panelists as needed, but please keep it reasonable. More than four panelists is generally pushing it.
Submission of a Panel Request is a proposal. Setsucon holds the right to not choose your panel for the convention.

The process is by submission on the main setsucon page (there will be a section under programming, which is currently under final review).
Any more questions?
Registration Director, 2012

Ryaven
Staff Emeritus

Post by Ryaven » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:36 am

Is there already an Asian Ball Jointed Dol Panel? If so, what does it cover? I would possibly like to do another panel related to them and make it a combo of that and a mini-meet (making the panel 1 hour long).

Thanks!

ShadowCrow
Staff Emeritus

Post by ShadowCrow » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:19 am

Ryaven wrote:Is there already an Asian Ball Jointed Dol Panel? If so, what does it cover? I would possibly like to do another panel related to them and make it a combo of that and a mini-meet (making the panel 1 hour long).

Thanks!
There is one submission at this time for Ball-Jointed Dolls. If you want to see if you can combine with them, contact awesomesaucemiku@aim.com (the panelist's email) and then email the Panels Coordinator (me). The panel is already 1 hour in length and includes a meet as well.
Kelly Doyle
Setsucon 2011 Cosplay Coordinator
Setsucon 2012 Panels Coordinator