Emails for artist alley table?

Feel free to poke at our staff with any questions you might have.
Shipszer

Emails for artist alley table?

Post by Shipszer » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:05 pm

Hey guys
I was wondering if you guys had sent out all the emails yet. I registered and still haven't gotten an email. I don't mind if I didn't get a table. I just want to know if I have to start making all my stuff, because planning is a big part of the artist alley. I would love to just know my status with the artist alley. I'll probably still go even if I don't get a table.
Thank you very much for your time,
Samantha (shipszer)

OneOfTwo

Re: Emails for artist alley table?

Post by OneOfTwo » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi there! I would also like to know if the confirmation emails went out and if anyone has received them yet.

kali

Post by kali » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:01 pm

I received my e-mail.
Beware of Ninja
No Longer a Minion But Available For Grunt Work

Shipszer

Post by Shipszer » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:47 pm

Hm... Did you get a table? I mean all the people I've talked to, the only people who got emails were the one that got the tables. I wouldn't mind, but I was really wondering, because it said all who registered will get an email. I've sent an email over a month ago with some questions and got no response. I sent an email this week too, but I don't expect a response. I'm sorry, but I think I'll find a different convention to go to. It's sad since we live so close, but we'll be back in due time. I'll be coming whenever you get more organized, planning and attention to your con-goers is a total yes for me, and you've failed my tests. I've been to a few conventions, and I know now how to spot out unorganized conventions. Thank you all =) I hope to see you sometime in the future

sharkattack
Staff Emeritus

Post by sharkattack » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:13 am

My apologies Shipszer. We are sending out an email this weekend addressing all of those that have not yet received an email from us.
Setsucon 2010 Day-Of Volunteer
Setsucon 2011 Public Relations Director
Setsucon 2012 Public Relations Director/Vice Conchair
Setsucon 2013 Secretary
Setsucon 2014 Day-Of Volunteer
Setsucon 2015 Co-Public Relations Director

Shipszer

Post by Shipszer » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:35 pm

sharkattack wrote:My apologies Shipszer. We are sending out an email this weekend addressing all of those that have not yet received an email from us.
It's okay. I don't mind that much, as I am patient, but it was just a concern to me. I hadn't heard much about the artist alley, other than that you'd be sending emails on the week of the 11th. Thank you for this information :)

Cloudsofsand

Post by Cloudsofsand » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:13 pm

I have a question about paying for the table, I need to purchase an extra badge and I don't know where to send the check to or how you know I will be requiring the extra badge..I have emailed 2 people about this now and would like a reply since payment is required by oct. 15.

Shipszer

Post by Shipszer » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:40 pm

I would like to say, I still didn't receive an email :/

exhibitors

Post by exhibitors » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:21 pm

I sent out an email to the wait-listed Artists on September 26 (yesterday). Please let me know if you have not gotten either an acceptance email or a wait-list email, and I will contact you as soon as possible with the results. I apologize for the delay of our responses.

Cloudsofsand

Post by Cloudsofsand » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:44 pm

I am actually getting extremely upset with the Setsucon staff for the tables. I emailed you guys 3 weeks ago that I would be requiring an extra badge, didn't receive a reply, emailed once again, didn't receive a reply, then finally posted on the forums and didn't get a reply for 3-4 days later! That is completely unprofessional and rude, especially when you are requiring payment for the tables in october when the convention even isn't till the end of january! I am very upset with your work ethic and how you are saying I didn't ask for two badges on the form when I said there will be TWO artists there, how much more clearer can you get then that? It's not my first year working with Setsucon either, I have been attending Setsucon for 3 years and this will be the 4th so treated your attendees with such disrespect is a very shameful thing to do.

sharkattack
Staff Emeritus

Post by sharkattack » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:55 pm

Our apologies to everyone affected. Let me take the time to clear this all up.

Everyone should have already gotten an email whether they have made it into Artists Alley or Dealers or not (if you are a special case, email: publicrelations@setsucon.com directly and I will personally check to see if your registration went through our system).

All check information is found on our website and will be sent out again with contracts (since this information was not necessary to everyone, I delayed it until you saw your full amount owed on said contracts). Regardless, checks need to be made out to: Penn State Anime Organization. The address to send to is:
Penn State Anime Organization
Pennsylvania State University
240 HUB-Robeson Center
University Park, PA 16802-6601

For a faster response to your questions, I highly recommend email. You can find the correct email on our website under "Contact Us".

Extra badges for Artist Alley cannot be ordered. Once registration for Artists is closed, it is closed.

Please understand that we are a student-run convention. We have changes in management every year. We ask that you remain patient with us through this process and we apologize to anyone who feels disrespected. If there are any other questions/problems, know that we are willing to work with you and please don't hesitate to contact me at publicrelations@setsucon.com. Thank you.
Setsucon 2010 Day-Of Volunteer
Setsucon 2011 Public Relations Director
Setsucon 2012 Public Relations Director/Vice Conchair
Setsucon 2013 Secretary
Setsucon 2014 Day-Of Volunteer
Setsucon 2015 Co-Public Relations Director

kali

Post by kali » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Where is the check information found on the website? Certainly not on the AA page.
Beware of Ninja
No Longer a Minion But Available For Grunt Work

MoonMage
Staff Emeritus

Post by MoonMage » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:21 pm

Hi Kali,

You are correct. Our mailing address (from which you would find out who to write the check to) is not directly on the Artist Alley page. There, it simply reads: "Payment may be made by check or money order." Our address (and other contact information) may be found on the "Contact Us" page. It is also written in an earlier post by our PR director, Amber--in case you do not want to go back to the main website to check it out.

Please feel free to comment / ask any other questions as they come to mind.
Kathy Taylor

Setsucon 2012 Con Chair (Massive Planning: Winter Break + Spring 2012; Running the Convention Day-of)
Setsucon 2012 Vice-Con Chair (Planning: Spring + Fall Semesters 2011)
Setsucon 2011 Programming Director

pouchesgirl

Post by pouchesgirl » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:34 pm

Have there been any further updates on artist alley contracts and payments since the email sent out on Oct. 9th? I do not want to lose my artist alley table but can't send in a contract I don't have (I have neither recieved one by email nor in the mail) or payment I'm not sure on the total (I would gladly overnight a check today if it is just the amount stated on the website). I have sent 2 emails in the past week inquiring about it, but have received no replies. Any help or further information would be greatly appreciated.

dakitty
Staff Emeritus

Post by dakitty » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:50 pm

Don't worry about losing your table. Since we have you listed as an accepted artist, the only way to lose it would be if you declined. We're currently working on getting paperwork out, so hopefully you should see your contract in a few days.
Registration Director, 2012