AMV Contest

Postings about Setsucon 2013
Bernhard

AMV Contest

Post by Bernhard » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:21 am

I just finished my AMV. Now I just need to burn it to disc and mail it.
How's everyone else coming along?
E. Bernhard Warg
Otaku, Whovian, Geek, Anime's Frank, Otakon Classic Track guy and OtakuGeneration segment producer

jaesonk

Re: AMV Contest

Post by jaesonk » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:19 pm

I have one that's close to being done.
"You have to confuse them. And while they're looking for you, you come up behind them and tap them on the back!" - Max Sterling explaining Fokker's Feint.

Bernhard

Post by Bernhard » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:04 pm

jaesonk wrote:I have one that's close to being done.
Better hurry, the deadline's this Saturday!
Seriously, though (well, that was serious, but you know what I mean :lol: ), I look forward to seeing it.
E. Bernhard Warg
Otaku, Whovian, Geek, Anime's Frank, Otakon Classic Track guy and OtakuGeneration segment producer

jaesonk

Post by jaesonk » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:42 pm

Time is fleeting... Madness takes its toll...
"You have to confuse them. And while they're looking for you, you come up behind them and tap them on the back!" - Max Sterling explaining Fokker's Feint.

Bernhard

Post by Bernhard » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:26 pm

jaesonk wrote:Time is fleeting... Madness takes its toll...
Though with the looming deadline, dare I say it, Not for very much longer... 8)

So is anyone else entering, or will 100% of the videos be from the 20th Century (assuming I'm right about which Anime Jaesonk is using)? Mine's been burnt to disc (along with some potential filler material) and mailed out today.
E. Bernhard Warg

jaesonk

Post by jaesonk » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am

Mine should be done today. Won't be mailed until tomorrow though. Maybe I can hand deliver it to the HUB. They really need to set up an option for electronic submissions.

BTW, my primary submission will be a 21st Century offering.

Bernhard

Post by Bernhard » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:42 am

jaesonk wrote:BTW, my primary submission will be a 21st Century offering.
Gasp! :shock: I wonder if my new prediction that mine will be the only 20th Century entry will be accurate?
Somebody prove me wrong! :wink:

Yes, I know, I'm addicted to Emoticons.
E. Bernhard Warg

jaesonk

Post by jaesonk » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:28 pm

I am usually old-school but I surprised myself with this one. It has ties to one of the Setsucon 2013 guests...

No worries though, I do have some previous century stuff I could send along as filler if they need it.

jaesonk

Post by jaesonk » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:59 am

AMVs encoded, disc burned, entry forms filled out... all boxed up & ready to go. One primary entry plus 3 extras, 20th & 21st centuries covered.

jaesonk

Post by jaesonk » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:33 pm

I posted my Sgt. Frog AMV on vimeo. If it's still being processed when you visit the link, try again a little later:

https://vimeo.com/58495670

Other videos are posted here too. Some, but not all, of the AMV filler is up too.

https://vimeo.com/user5509819/videos

Cutey Honey was my favourite of the other 2013 entries. Gotta get people started earlier next year on AMVs!

Bernhard

Post by Bernhard » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:39 pm

E. Bernhard Warg

Bernhard

Post by Bernhard » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:46 pm

jaesonk wrote:Cutey Honey was my favourite of the other 2013 entries.
Thanks!
jaesonk wrote:Gotta get people started earlier next year on AMVs!
Well, I've got so many ideas it's hard to pick just one (which is why they should allow two entries per person/group! Most of the longer running cons started out allowing two entries, and only reduced it to one after they started getting too many). The reason I went with Cutey Honey this year is that next year using subtitles would look like I was using subtitled footage from the licensed release, which is a big no-no.
E. Bernhard Warg