Apply Today to Be Part of the Vendors Room
Vendors Room Registration Open From August 31, 2021 to September 24, 2021
Thank you for your interest in being a part of our Vendors Room at Setsucon 2022. We have updated some of our rules and policies, so please take the time to read them carefully before submitting your application. If you have any questions, please contact the Vendors Coordinator.
Vendors Room applications will be open from August 31, 2021 until September 24, 2021 11:59:59 PM EST. Accepted applicants for the Vendors Room will not need to purchase a separate convention badge, as that is included in the Vendors Room registration. You will be contacted by the Vendors Coordinator informing you whether or not you have been awarded a spot in our Vendors Room the week of October 11, 2021 to October 15, 2021. If you have been accepted, you will be contacted by the Vendors Coordinator to confirm your registration and arrange payment. Payment may be made via our online payment system only; cash and check are not accepted.
Juried Vendors Room
We select all of our vendors via a jury process. We evaluate all vendors based on the following criteria: uniqueness of the merchandise, overall potential appeal of the merchandise, relation to anime, manga, cosplay, gaming, & Japanese culture, and clarity of the application.
In order to aid in this process, we ask that you include links to online pictures or a portfolio of your work in the space provided in the applications form. If you do not have any images online, please contact our Vendors Coordinator with information about how we can see your booth and merchandise. We receive many more applications than we are able to accept and having samples of what you sell provided to us will greatly aid in our process. Having a juried Vendors Room will ensure a wide variety of merchandise for sale to our attendees.
Vendors Room Rates
A Single Booth registration is $175 and includes:
- One (1) 8′ x 8′ Vendors Room space
- One (1) 6’ x 2.5’ table
- Two (2) chairs
- Two (2) Vendors Room Badges to Setsucon 2022
A Double Booth registration is $300 and includes:
- Two (2) 8′ x 8′ Vendors Room spaces
- Two (2) 6’ x 2.5’ tables
- Three (3) chairs
- Three (3) Vendors Room Badges to Setsucon 2022
A Triple Booth registration is $425 and includes:
- Three (3) 8′ x 8′ Vendors Room spaces
- Three (3) 6’ x 2.5’ tables
- Four (4) chairs
- Four (4) Vendors Room Badges to Setsucon 2022
A Quad Booth* registration is $550 and includes:
- Four (4) 8′ x 8′ Vendors Room spaces
- Four (4) 6’ x 2.5’ tables
- Five (5) chairs
- Five (5) Vendors Room Badges to Setsucon 2022
*Additional Spaces Past Four are Subject to Availability
Electricity is available to vendors for an additional $50 fee. Please indicate on your application if you would like electricity. Any changes to this must be emailed to the Vendors Coordinator by December 31, 2021 11:59:59 PM EST. Any electricity requests after contract acceptance and initial payment may be paid for via our online payment system on or before December 31, 2021. No electricity requests may be made at-con.
Additional Vendors Room badges are available at the rate of $25/person. Initial requests for additional Vendors Room badges should be made on your application. Any changes to the number of requested additional badges must be emailed to the Vendors Room Coordinator by December 31, 2021 11:59:59 PM EST. Any additional badges requested after contract acceptance and initial payment may be paid for via our online payment system on or before December 31, 2021. Additional badges can be purchased via cash only at-con for the at-con registration price of $40/person.
Full refunds of the registration fee will be given for any booths cancelled by November 30, 2021. Any cancellations must be emailed to the Vendors Room Coordinator by November 30, 2021 11:59:59 PM EST. Cancellations after that date will result in the registration fees being non-refundable and non-transferable.
Vendors Policies Policies
All registered vendors agree to abide by the following:
- The Primary Contact for Vendors must be at least 16 years of age as of January 28, 2021.
- Other vendors who accompany the Primary Contact may be 13 years of age or older if accompanied by an adult (18 years of age or older).
- Vendors must abide by all state and federal laws, especially concerning copyright laws and restricted sales of unsafe or inappropriate products to minors.
- All vendors will accept full responsibility for the collection of any state, local, and federal taxes. All vendors will receive the proper forms from the Pennsylvania State Sales Office before the convention and will be responsible for returning them in the proper fashion. See below for more information.
- Vendors must abide by all the convention policies.
- Displays may be no more than 8ft high from the floor.
- No bootlegs or unlicensed reproductions of existing merchandise.
- Vendors must contain their display to their assigned areas.
- All boxes, packaging materials, etc. must be stored beneath display tables or removed from the premises prior to the opening of the Vendors Room.
- Vendors will be fully responsible for their own properties at all times.
- Vendors will not hold Setsucon or the Blair County Convention Center liable for any injuries, damages, losses, or thefts to either the vendor or the vendor’s property in any way.
- Setsucon will not cover any costs of travel or lodging.
- Be respectful to Setsucon staff, Blair County Convention Center staff, and your fellow vendors.
Items that MAY be sold in Vendors Room include:
- Any licensed authentic US merchandise.
- Any licensed authentic imported merchandise.
- Any products featuring your own creations.
- Used goods (that follow the above policies) that are clearly labelled as such.
- Commissioned and hand-drawn works.
- Unique, individual, handmade items.
- Doujinshi, fanzines, and similar items.
Items that MAY NOT be sold in Vendors Room include:
- No metal weaponry. Other non-metal weapons (wooden, plastic, foam, etc.) may be sold at the vendor’s discretion.
- Bootleg merchandise.
- Dangerous merchandise, including, but not limited to: weapons, loud noisemakers, combustible items, and items that could easily cause harm.
- Any posters, idol cards, etc. which read “Kodak”, “Fuji”, etc. on the back.
- Unlicensed reproductions of any products, regardless of whether they are released by an American company.
- Contact lenses or any other kind of regulated medical device.
- Food, snacks, beverages, or items of the sort without prior written consent by both Setsucon and the Blair County Convention Center.
- Holding giveaways, raffles, or other games of chance.
Any violation will come with a warning, at which time you will be asked to remove the offending merchandise from the premises. Failure to comply or a subsequent violation is cause for removal from the convention and forfeiture of all fees.
Setsucon has a strict, NO BOOTLEG policy. We will have zero-tolerance for any vendors that do not comply with our policies regarding bootlegs and trademark violations. Failure to comply with this policy is cause for removal from the convention and forfeiture of all fees.
Adult Material Policy
ALL HENTAI and PORNOGRAPHY are BANNED.
We ask that Exhibitors (Artists and Vendors), particularly those who sell adult material, keep in mind that this is a family oriented event and minors will be present. Think PG-13. The acceptability of displays of material is at the discretion of the Exhibitors Coordinator.
Any material that contains nudity, is extremely or graphically violent, or is otherwise unsuitable for minors (anyone below the age of 18) is prohibited. This includes artistic nudes.
Exhibitors who display prohibited adult material in the general public’s view or attempt to sell it will be reminded once about our adult material policy. Failure to comply with warnings is cause for removal from Exhibitors Rooms (Artists Alley and Vendors Room) and forfeiture of all fees.
Check-In & Move-Out Policies
Prior to setting up your booth, all vendors must check-in with the Vendors Room Coordinator. Here, you will obtain the finalized location of your booth and your badge(s). More details about this will be provided to accepted vendors closer to the convention weekend.
Vendors are solely responsible for moving in all necessary merchandise and equipment. The Vendors Room is located on the lower level of the Blair County Convention Center. It is recommended that you park for unloading and loading inside the parking garage of the venue. There is an elevator available for use in the parking garage. There is no guarantee that the venue or Setsucon can provide hand trucks or dollies during load-in and load-out.
Check-in must be done prior to 08:00:00 PM ET on Friday, January 28, 2022. Any booths that have not been claimed by that time will be forfeited without refund and become available for general purchase starting on Friday night. Vendors Room will be open Saturday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM and Sunday 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM. While we do have minimal programming occurring during the evening of Friday, January 28, 2022, Friday will be exclusively for set-up and there will be no public hours during this time (this is our first year having a larger room and Friday programming hours – we will evaluate in 2022 and may change this for 2023 onwards).
Vendors will have until 7:30 PM on Sunday, January 30, 2022 to completely clear out any and all merchandise and equipment brought into the venue.
Contracts and Payments
Contracts and payment information will be sent out within two weeks of the notification period. All contracts are due signed and completed at the time of payment. All payments will be completed via our online payment system. We will not accept any cash, check, or money order.
Taxes and Licenses
Setsucon is not responsible for obtaining any licenses or permits required by local, state, and federal law for any vendors within the Vendors Room. More information on the taxes and licenses required by Pennsylvania law can be found at https://www.pa100.state.pa.us/.
Be a Good Neighbor
Though it is not a constant problem, it has come to light on occasion that a vendor may overstep the limits of the booth space that they have purchased for the convention. We do understand that more space means more products that you can sell, however, encroaching on someone else’s space can be both annoying and possibly dangerous.
It is out of respect for everyone’s happiness and safety that we ask you to take consideration when coordinating your designated space in the Vendors Room.
To eliminate conflict, keep in mind that you and your neighbors share a limited area. This means that your personal effects should not impede your neighbor’s ability to sit, get in and out of, or move about their space during the course of the convention. Displays should be of a manageable size and utilize your space as efficiently as possible. If you have any surplus items or boxes, we also ask that you do NOT block any exits or fire exits in the case of an emergency. Remember too, that displays shouldn’t extend into the walking paths of attendees, as the room has heavy foot traffic.