Please read before applying!
Thank you for your interest in being a part of our Vendors Room at Setsucon 2019. We have updated some of our rules and policies, so please take the time to read them carefully before submitting your application. If you have any questions, please contact the Vendors Coordinator.
Vendors Room applications will be open from August 14, 2018 until September 14, 2018 11:59:59 PM EDT. Accepted applicants for the Vendors Room will not need to purchase a separate convention badge, as that is included in the Vendors Room registration. You will be contacted by the Vendors Coordinator informing you whether or not you have been awarded a spot in our Vendors Room the week of October 8, 2018 to October 12, 2018. If you have been accepted, you will be contacted by the Vendors Coordinator to confirm your registration and arrange payment. Payment may be made by check or money order; cash and credit are not accepted.
Juried Vendors Room
We select all of our vendors via a jury process. We evaluate all vendors based upon the following criteria: uniqueness of the merchandise, overall potential appeal of the merchandise, relation to anime, manga, cosplay, gaming, & Japanese culture, and clarity of the application.
In order to aid in this process, we've included extra space in the application form for a link to online pictures of your booth and merchandise. If you do not have any images online, feel free to contact our Vendors Coordinator with information about how we can see your booth and merchandise. We receive many more applications than we are able to accept and having samples of what you sell provided to us will greatly aid in our process. Having a juried Vendors Room will ensure a wide variety of merchandise that will be for sale to our attendees.
Vendors Room Rates
A Single Booth registration is $175 and includes:
- One (1) 8' x 8' Vendors Room space
- One (1) 6' x 2.5' table
- Two (2) chairs
- Two (2) Vendors Room Badge to Setsucon 2019
A Double Booth* registration is $265 and includes:
- One (1) 16' x 8' Vendors Room space
- Two (2) 6' x 2.5' tables
- Three (3) chairs
- Two (2) Vendors Room Badges to Setsucon 2019
* Additional Spaces are Subject to Availability.
Electricity will be available for an additional $50 fee. Please indicate on your application if you would like electricity. Any changes to this must be emailed to the Vendors Coordinator by November 30, 2018 11:59:59 PM EST. Any electricity requests after contract acceptance and initial payment may be paid for by check or money order and must be postmarked on or before December 3, 2018. No electricity requests may be made at-con.
Additional Vendors Room badges are available at the regular pre-registration rate of $25/person. Initial requests for additional Vendors Room badges should be made on your application. Any changes to the number of requested additional badges must be emailed to the Vendors Coordinator by November 30, 2018 11:59:59 PM EST. Any additional badges requested after contract acceptance and initial payment may be paid for by check or money order and must be postmarked on or before December 3, 2018. Additional badges can be purchased via cash only at-con for the at-con registration price of $35/person.
Full refunds of the registration fee will be given for any booths cancelled by November 15, 2018. Any cancellations must be emailed to the Vendors Coordinator by November 15, 2018 11:59:59 PM EST. Cancellations after that date will result in the registration fees being non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The Primary Contact for Vendors must be at least 18 years of age as of January 26, 2019.
- Other vendors who accompany the Primary Contact may be 13 years of age or older if accompanied by an adult (18 years of age or older).
- Vendors must abide by all state and federal laws, especially concerning copyright laws and restricted sales of unsafe or inappropriate products to minors.
- All vendors will accept full responsibility for the collection of any state, local, and federal taxes. All vendors will receive the proper forms from the Pennsylvania State Sales Office before the convention and will be responsible for returning them in the proper fashion. See below for more information.
- Vendors must abide by all the convention policies.
- Displays may be no more than 8ft high from the floor.
- No bootlegs or unlicensed reproductions of existing merchandise.
- Food and drinks are not allowed to be sold at Setsucon.
- Vendors must contain their display to their assigned areas.
- All boxes, packaging materials, etc. must be stored beneath display tables or removed from the premises prior to the opening of the Vendors Room.
- Vendors will be fully responsible for their own properties at all times.
- Vendors will not hold Setsucon or the Blair County Convention Center liable for any injuries, damages, losses, or thefts to either the vendor or the vendor's property in any way.
- Setsucon will not cover any costs of travel or hotel costs.
- Be respectful to Setsucon staff, Blair County Convention Center staff, and your fellow vendors.
Items that MAY be sold in the Vendors Room include:
- Any licensed authentic US merchandise.
- Any licensed authentic imported merchandise.
- Any products featuring your own creations.
- Used goods (that follow the above policies) that are clearly labelled as such.
- Commissioned and hand-drawn works.
- Unique, individual, handmade items.
- Doujinshi, fanzines, and similar items.
Items that MAY NOT be sold in the Vendors Room include:
- No metal weaponry. Other non-metal weapons (wooden, plastic, foam, etc.) may be sold at the vendor's discretion.
- Bootleg merchandise.
- Dangerous merchandise, including, but not limited to: weapons, loud noisemakers, combustible items, and items that could easily cause harm.
- Any posters, idol cards, etc. which read "Kodak", "Fuji", etc. on the back.
- Unlicensed reproductions of any products, regardless of whether they are released by an American company.
- Contact lenses or any other kind of regulated medical device.
- Food, snacks, beverages, or items of the sort without prior written consent by both Setsucon and the Blair County Convention Center.
- Holding giveaways, raffles, or other games of chance.
Any violation will come with a warning, at which time you will be asked to remove the offending merchandise from the premises. Failure to comply or a subsequent violation is cause for removal from the convention and forfeiture of all fees.
Setsucon has a strict, NO BOOTLEG policy. We will have zero-tolerance for any vendors that do not comply with our policies regarding bootlegs and trademark violations. Failure to comply with this policy is cause for removal from the convention and forfeiture of all fees.
Adult Material Policy
ALL HENTAI and PORNOGRAPHY is BANNED.
We ask that Exhibitors (Artists and Vendors), particularly those who sell adult material, keep in mind that this is a family oriented event and minors will be present. Think PG-13. The acceptability of displays of material is at the discretion of the Exhibitors Coordinator.
Any material that contains nudity, is extremely or graphically violent, or is otherwise unsuitable for minors (anyone below the age of 18) is prohibited. This includes artistic nudes.
Exhibitors who display prohibited adult material in the general public's view or attempt to sell it will be reminded once about our adult material policy. Failure to comply with warnings may result in removal from Exhibitors Rooms (Artists Alley and Vendors Room) and forfeiture of all fees.
Check-In & Move-Out Policies
Prior to setting up your booth, all vendors must check-in with the Vendors Coordinator. Here, you will obtain the finalized location of your booth and your badge(s). More details about this will be provided to accepted vendors closer to the convention weekend.
Vendors are solely responsible for moving in all necessary merchandise and equipment. The Vendors Room is located on the ballroom level of the Blair County Convention Center. It is recommended that you park for unloading and loading along the front entrance of the venue. There will be no elevators available for use within the venue if you choose to park near the ground floor. There is no guarantee that the venue or Setsucon can provide hand trucks or dollies during load-in and load-out.
Check-in must be done prior to 8:00 PM on Friday, January 25, 2019. Any booths that have not been claimed by that time will be forfeited without refund and become available for general purchase starting on Friday night. Vendors Room will be open Saturday 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM and Sunday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
Vendors will have until 7:30 PM on Sunday, January 27, 2019 to completely clear out any and all merchandise and equipment brought into the venue.
Contracts and Payments
Please make out a check or money order to Penn State Anime Organization and send your full payment and completed contract to the following mailing address:
The Pennsylvania State University
306 HUB-Robeson Center
University Park, PA 16802
Taxes and Licenses
Setsucon is not responsible for obtaining any licenses or permits required by local, state, and federal law for any vendors within the Vendors Room. More information on the taxes and licenses required by Pennsylvania law can be found at https://www.pa100.state.pa.us/.
Be a Good Neighbor
Though it is not a constant problem, it has come to light on occasion that a vendor may overstep the limits of the booth space that they have purchased for the convention. We do understand that more space means more products that you can sell, however, encroaching on someone else's space can be both annoying and possibly dangerous.
It is out of respect for everyone's happiness and safety that we ask you to take consideration when coordinating your designated space in the Vendors Room.
To eliminate conflict, keep in mind that you and your neighbors share a limited area. This means that your personal effects should not impede your neighbor's ability to sit, get in and out of, or move about their space during the course of the convention. Displays should be of a manageable size and utilize your space as efficiently as possible. We also ask that if you have any surplus items or boxes that you do NOT block any exits or fire exits in the case of an emergency. Remember too, that displays shouldn't extend into the walking paths of attendees, as the room has heavy foot traffic.