Show Off Your Craftsmanship in Our Hall Cosplay Contest
Hall Cosplay Registration Open Through January 22, 2022
|Online||January 22, 2022|
|At Con||By NOON on January 29, 2022|
Hall Cosplay Contest Rules
- Cosplayers must make at least 70% of the costume. If items were bought they must be heavily modified by the cosplayer in some way.
- All costumes must pertain in some way to the Japanese culture. This includes but is not limited to: Anime, Manga, J-Rock/J-pop, Japanese Cinema, Video Games, etc.
- Reference material is not required, but it is highly encouraged. Possible references include, but are not limited to, photographs, drawings, or planning sketches or diagrams. If reference material is not provided the judges will be unable to judge the costume for accuracy. Judges do not know all characters and want to be able to judge everyone fairly.
- There will be 3 divisions in the Hall Cosplay Contest they are as follows:
- Novice- up to 9 costumes or no awards
- Journeyman- 10 to 19 costumes or 1-3 awards
- Craftsman- 20+ costumes or 3+ awards
- Judges awards and honorable mentions do not count towards divisions.
- Judges reserve the right to bump a cosplayer up in division if the judges deem it is necessary.
- Cosplays must comply with the Cosplay Policy.
Hall Cosplay Judging
- Judging order for the Hall Cosplay Contest is on a first come first serve basis. Participants should sign up for a time slot via the link provided in the confirmation email.
- Judging will begin Saturday at 12pm (noon) and will take approximately 5 minutes per person.
Show your Cosplay at the Masquerade
Want to get on stage? At the Masquerade we will be having a fashion show where any cosplayer who entered in the Hall Cosplay Contest can come up on stage and show off their costume. There is no need to register separately for the Masquerade if you have registered for the Hall Cosplay Contest. The time for cosplayers to gather backstage will be announced during the Hall Cosplay judging. Feel free to participate in this fun event!
Prizes for the first, second, and third standings will be awarded! So work hard!
Thank you and happy cosplaying!