Attention all cosplayers who wish to perform onstage at Setsucon's Masquerade! Masquerade forms will be available online and at the convention and are to be completed and submitted by the given deadlines. Due to the small nature of this convention, we will not have categories for novice, journeyman, and craftsman for this particular contest. Please familiarize yourself with the rules below before registering.
|Online||January 15, 2019|
|At Con||Before Mandatory Practice Session|
Masquerade Contest Rules
- Each group or individual participating in a skit is responsible for completing the Masquerade entry form and submitting it before the specified deadline.
- Only one submission per group or individual please. The person submitting the form will be our contact for the group or individual.
- All participants must be registered for the Setsucon before they will be allowed to enter in the Masquerade.
- Online submissions will receive an email confirming whether or not they are approved for the contest; however, attendance at the practice session is still mandatory.
- There will be a time limit of 5 minutes for each skit. There will be a minute before and after the skit if time is needed to setup or take down props.
- Scripts must be sent in with your Masquerade entry form. This ensures the material that will be presented in front of the audience will be suitable for all ages (not to exceed PG-13). Remember, Setsucon is a family friendly convention; young children may be attending the Masquerade.
- Judges will not see the scripts prior to the event so as to not give any unfair advantages. However, the Masquerade Coordinator will be reading and approving the scripts.
- If you stray from your script and have any inappropriate material your group will be disqualified.
- A prerecorded CD with music or voices is strongly recommended, but not necessary. All such CD's must be brought to the Masquerade practice session.
- There will be a mandatory practice for all participants in the Masquerade before the event is held. Badges will be checked as well as performance order determined during the practice session. If skit participants are not present for this practice their skit will not be allowed to perform in the Masquerade.
- Cosplays must comply with the Cosplay Policy.