Panels are an opportunity for fans to talk about their trade of specialty or field of interest. Have a love for a certain anime? Japanese food? Games? Then apply for a panel to share your love with others!
|Applications Close||November 9, 2018|
|Panel Notifications Start||November 20, 2018|
Setsucon hopes that you will have a wonderful time running a panel and help to enrich the experience for all of the other attendees at the convention. However please be aware that there are a few guidelines you must follow when applying for your panel:
- Panel acceptance will be contingent upon completing a paid pre-registration for Setsucon.
- There are 30, 60, and 90 minute time slots available for Panels. Setup and breakdown time is included in this. Other durations will be discussed on a case by case basis. Please make a note in the Additional Notes section of the Online Panels Application if you would like to request a different duration.
- Although Setsucon strives to be as family-friendly as possible, we do allow panels with adult (18+) material. These panels will be given a late night time slot. Please indicate on your application if adult (18+) material is likely to appear in your panel.
- A panel can have as many panelists as needed, but please keep it reasonable. More than four panelists is generally pushing it. Keep in mind the reimbursement policies below.
- Panelists must be 16 years of age or older.
- Submission of a Panels Application is a proposal. Setsucon holds the right to not choose your panel for the convention.
Veteran Panelist Status
Setsucon recognizes those who have consistently provided panels to the convention in the past. Registration for such panelist is waived provided the following conditions are met:
- Panelist must still pre-register for Setsucon. Registration cost is only waived if your panel is chosen for the upcoming Setsucon.
- Veteran status does not guarantee panel acceptance.
- Panelist must have presented panels as primary or secondary panelist to Setsucon on 2 separate years within the last 3 years.
- Only 1 panel per year is necessary. Multiple panels within a single year will not count for multiple years.
- If your panel is not chosen, pre-registration costs are due within 2 weeks of notification or end of registration deadline, whichever is later. Failure to acknowledge notification will not constitute an extension for pre-registration payment. Beyond this time, at convention registration will be required.
- Panelist must be in good standing with Setsucon (see below).
Good Standing requirements
- Panelist has put on all accepted panels.
- Any cancelled panels were done so in advance (and/or alternative provided) within a reasonable amount of time prior to the convention.
- No issues with prior panels at convention (ie: forced cancellation for content or language).
- No issues with panelist at convention (failure to adhere to convention policies) including outside of panels.
Examples provided here do not cover all situations.
Panelist Registration Reimbursement
Setsucon will provide registration reimbursement as a thank you for providing your services as a panelist. Reimbursement is contingent on the following conditions:
- All panelists must adhere to the convention policies.
- Content must be kept to a PG-13 level (the only exception is 18+ panels which have been permitted by Setsucon).
- 18+ panels cannot have any live action pornographic images or videos. Hentai, cursing, and violence are allowed for the 18+ panels as long as it's within reason.
Reimbursement only applies to the person/people who conduct the panel. There is a maximum of two panelists per panel who will be reimbursed. The maximum reimbursement for a single person will not exceed your pre-registration cost and will be mailed in the form of a check.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Panels Coordinator.