Volunteer With Us!
Setsucon 2019 will be returning to the Blair County Convention Center for January 26-27, 2019 and will once again need volunteers to make our con as amazing as it can be. Volunteers are essential for helping the convention run smoothly and efficiently, and we are constantly looking for new people and returning veterans to support us.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to volunteer.
- You must pre-register for a weekend badge.
- You must volunteer for a minimum of 8 hours in order to be reimbursed.
- You must have paid your registration prior to volunteering during the weekend.
- You must attend a short (30-45min) mandatory training session Friday (Jan. 25) afternoon/evening.
- We reimburse your pre-registered badge of $25. *
- We provide lodging for the duration of Setsucon 2019 from Friday to Sunday at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. † ‡
- The hotel provides a continental breakfast.
- There will be a shuttle running every 20min to and from the convention/hotel.
- We provide a staff break room and food throughout the convention.
- We will provide you with an awesome staff T-shirt.
* Volunteers who pre-register online via Eventbrite will receive their reimbursement no later than five (5) days after the convention ends as a refund on the card used at checkout. Volunteers who pre-register via our mail-in process will receive their reimbursement as a check mailed to the indicated address no later than one (1) month after the convention.
† Hotel space for volunteers is limited, so we may not be able to guarantee hotel space for all volunteers.
‡ If, for any reason, additional hotel fees are incurred due to damages of or within volunteer hotel rooms, Setsucon will hold those who caused the damages responsible for any associated fees.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering. The volunteer application for Setsucon 2019 is now closed.